Login

russian armor

[2v2] Disgusting "Sim city" play

9 Nov 2016, 11:28 AM

So like... just for real now!? They just love playing around with their emplacements, don't they? The 2 Brits just lock down both VPs with emplacements and call in tanks and elite infantries, we just couldn't do anything! And it just make me feels so disgusted when seeing the number of tanks they thrown away stupidly, but still be able to get a bunch more! Like, they don't have to spend any MP and fuel for anything else beside from setting up those bloody damn sim cities and wait there! No tactical movement or anything! This just annoys me so much. Why they can't just play the game tactically, mobility-ly like every other factions!! Why you have to camp!?

Er-hem...Anyways, I hope any strategists can help me out here. I'm just so tired of seeing sim cities. Can someone give me a plan, or a strategy that can deal with this crap effectively? Cause the amount of efforts needed to take down just 1 emplacement is just outrageously huge, too much for the amount of efforts the Brit player needed.

P/s: I'm RoyalWeapon in the replay.
9 Nov 2016, 11:48 AM

The problem is the conjunction of the mortar pit and the bofors

my solution:

give UKF regular mortar (maybe a little better one) and move the mortar pit to the royal artillery commander
9 Nov 2016, 12:19 PM

my solution:

give UKF regular mortar (maybe a little better one) and move the mortar pit to the royal artillery commander

Keep up the crusade brother!
9 Nov 2016, 12:31 PM

Only real solution to cancercity is Zeroing arty from OKW commander (pak43) and recon from your buddy
9 Nov 2016, 14:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Okay, I'm not a strategist, but I've taken a look at your replay.

1. Map.
-Düsseldorf, like many other heavily urban, is terrible for WM. Veto it next time.

2. Commander.
-While your early pick of Mech Assault was good, you didn't use it to your advantage. First, they should be off in the backline, harrassing and flanking, instead of capping. Also, you used them point-blank against a garrisoned Infantry Section from the wrong side (too many windows!) and got gunned down.
-Your team-mate's pick of Luftwaffe Supply was pretty bad. Although it let you build up an armor advantage, you threw it away trying to counter their emplacements. The armor flank was great, the execution could have been better.
-Spearhead Doctrine, with its smoke, fragmentation bombs, and mortar halftrack would have suited your teammate better.
-If you didn't pick Mech Assault, Jaeger Armor would have been better: spotting scopes and recon to set up Pak (and later, Elefant) seiges, plus the powerful Stuka Dive Bombing are excellent emplacement counters.

3. Teamwork.
You and your teammate almost fought two separate 1v1s on the same map. You didn't push together for mid until the late game, nor did you make an effort to hold onto your fuel point early-to-mid game (before your bunker went down). WM is all about combined arms. Focusing on the same part of the map when you make pushes is crucial.

4. Unit choices.
-With T2 rushes, it's usually advised that you go for more MGs than Assault Grenadiers. MG42-AGren-MG42-AGren-MG42-BP2-Pio-T2 is a very strong build order, especially because Brits don't have indirect fire before they get a mortar emplacement.
-Use MGs with Pios/AGrens, a suppression+charging/flanking unit, and push them back as far as possible early on. Follow the aggression with a HT for forward reinforcement or flamers, prepare for AEC with double 222.
-Since you went Mech Assault, skip T3 and go for T4; you'll need the late-game firepower against Brits, especially emplacement brits. If you really needed a tank, get a StuG E for anti-infantry duties, supported by Paks (and possibly Shrek PGrens). T4 will give you access to the really powerful Sturmpanzer IV, which works wonders against infantry and structures. The Panther can draw fire from a Bofors and keep enemy armor at bay. The Panzerwerfer is excellent at forcing Braces and wiping blobs.

That's all I've got to say, emplacement play is pretty cheesy, but it can be countered!

Good luck on the battlefield!
9 Nov 2016, 14:51 PM

Will look at it and give ideas because AtomicRockets' tips were half useless for this map.
9 Nov 2016, 18:21 PM

Watched it and here are a few tips:

You mainly lost because of your lack of counters. Don't go assgrens if you know you won't be able to bleed the enemy with them. You lost 2 models until you've reached close range, then retreated. Not really worthy. And then you started using them at long range. No.

Don't cap a point with 2 squads, 1 is more than enought to cap a point. You were just wasting time and fighting force, which you really needed.

Both of them were really, really static. Know the counters, get a mortar. Or in this case, 3-4 of them.

Also, against brits it is a MUST to have at least 1 sweeper on your pios.

Try to communicate with teammate because you were scattered most of the time, don't even knowing what the other's doing.

Try to get the best cover in every fight, but don't die for it. I mean, your troops were standing next to light/heavy cover. All you had to do is to order them to it, because it can matter. A lot.

ATGs are not frontline units. If you see that there are no supporting troops around it/ units that can screen for it, then just draw them back.

Also: Don't rely on StuGs and Paks on a map that greatly supports flanking as they are dead if somebody got in their back.

The commando squad with their gammon bomb at ~29 min was well deserved for a learning slap in a face. Why? You already knew about them, because they even threw a grenade at your ostwind. They can't magically disappear (nah, I'm not referring to camo, only to that they can't vanish from an area under 10 seconds). Also you don't repair that close to the frontline if it's constantly shifting. Even if it's feeling safe. It's not really. 400 MP down the drain. Still no sweeper upgrade, the second thing you want them is because as far as I remember, they grant a +33% repair speed bonus.

You should've gone T4 and brummbar as you hadn't gone for mortars and ostwinds are not that good against infantry.

Aside from that, I only checked your teammate a few times but you were much better at this than he was.

So to sum it up:

You needed mortars very badly and quickly because that could've punish static play really hard.

You were not fighting in the best conditions.

You need to identify the map's settings and adapt to it. Assgrens were sort of a good choice, but this map needs a lot of mortars and using Paks and assault guns other than middle is a very risky move.

Go for that T4! It's worth it now as brummbar's buffs actually made it a viable choice against infantry and emplacements and Panther is still a viable AT choice (even if it misses a lot thanks to the bad accuracy it's given).

Hope I pointed out a few things you couldn't watch out for :thumb:

Good luck next time :thumb:
10 Nov 2016, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2016, 18:21 PMDanyek
Watched it and here are a few tips:

You mainly lost because of your lack of counters. Don't go assgrens if you know you won't be able to bleed the enemy with them. You lost 2 models until you've reached close range, then retreated. Not really worthy. And then you started using them at long range. No.

Don't cap a point with 2 squads, 1 is more than enought to cap a point. You were just wasting time and fighting force, which you really needed.

Both of them were really, really static. Know the counters, get a mortar. Or in this case, 3-4 of them.

Also, against brits it is a MUST to have at least 1 sweeper on your pios.

Try to communicate with teammate because you were scattered most of the time, don't even knowing what the other's doing.

Try to get the best cover in every fight, but don't die for it. I mean, your troops were standing next to light/heavy cover. All you had to do is to order them to it, because it can matter. A lot.

ATGs are not frontline units. If you see that there are no supporting troops around it/ units that can screen for it, then just draw them back.

Also: Don't rely on StuGs and Paks on a map that greatly supports flanking as they are dead if somebody got in their back.

The commando squad with their gammon bomb at ~29 min was well deserved for a learning slap in a face. Why? You already knew about them, because they even threw a grenade at your ostwind. They can't magically disappear (nah, I'm not referring to camo, only to that they can't vanish from an area under 10 seconds). Also you don't repair that close to the frontline if it's constantly shifting. Even if it's feeling safe. It's not really. 400 MP down the drain. Still no sweeper upgrade, the second thing you want them is because as far as I remember, they grant a +33% repair speed bonus.

You should've gone T4 and brummbar as you hadn't gone for mortars and ostwinds are not that good against infantry.

Aside from that, I only checked your teammate a few times but you were much better at this than he was.

So to sum it up:

You needed mortars very badly and quickly because that could've punish static play really hard.

You were not fighting in the best conditions.

You need to identify the map's settings and adapt to it. Assgrens were sort of a good choice, but this map needs a lot of mortars and using Paks and assault guns other than middle is a very risky move.

Go for that T4! It's worth it now as brummbar's buffs actually made it a viable choice against infantry and emplacements and Panther is still a viable AT choice (even if it misses a lot thanks to the bad accuracy it's given).

Hope I pointed out a few things you couldn't watch out for :thumb:

Good luck next time :thumb:

Well, no more battling on Dussendorf ever again as Wehrmacht! To be honest, I always go MG42 - Grens - Mortar - Grens - T2 (Along with second Pio) cause I know the important of indirect-fire, but on heavy urban maps (Mainly just Dussendorf, or Ettelbruck Station), I try to rush with Assault Grens and completely forgot the T1. I had some successful rushes with Assgrens before, but that one was not the one. ‎Probably i'm just gonna vetto that map out and go for a less urban one.

About the Pioneer's upgrade, those were my most basic, idiotic mistakes I could have made that match: Forgot upgrading sweepers and fix tanks on the front (To my excuse, I didn't know the Commandos was there. Not until all of my Pioneers got wiped, but still, I shouldn't have fixed the Ostwind on the frontline). And I really didn't know that sweeper gives extra repair speed for Pioneers. I thought that was the Sturmpioneer one?

The T4 though... I don't know, it just doesn't seem that worth it despite the cost reduction. Yes, I know the Brumbarr got cost-reduction, but I can still get like 2 Ostwinds by the time the first Brumbarr arrive. Same to Panther, I could have got 3 StuGs or 2 StuGs + 1 Panzer IV. Usually I just went either Elefant or Tiger to cover my T4. Probably the only reason I go for T4 is for the Panzerwerfer and that's it! Which doesn't seem that satisfied for just 1 building.

So basically overall, just don't go to Dussendorf! Never again!‎
10 Nov 2016, 07:11 AM

Always have a doctrine with LeFH in your loadout, both as Ost and OKW.
10 Nov 2016, 07:35 AM

my solution:

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Russian Federation 63
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %