Login

russian armor

Dear Relic, can I have a word please? (Russian history)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (16)down
2 Aug 2013, 06:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 06:40 AMDmeets

Of course you don't want that to be brought up because it counters your argument.
And that is the only pattern you are seeing? You are so blind, learn to read before you post simply to vent out some anger.
Sub-human garbage? I don't even want to comment on that insult or your other petty outbursts, really, this is just making you look like a typical asshole. You are starting to fit the stereotype that the rest of the world has now.
Russia is not even my country so way to jump to conclusions there!
Oh, I also do not support Putin, but that's nice of you to take the argument there anyways!

LOL! It doesn't counter my argument in the slightest you fucking moronic piece of shit. If anything it allows me to bring in the numerous war-crimes that the Soviet Union committed which further prove they were worse than the Germans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

Read it if you can. Like I originally said they were both bad but the Soviets ended up being far worse for humanity than the Germans.
2 Aug 2013, 08:16 AM

Funny how the Soviets killed far more than the Nazis did yet some people think that they should get a free pass.

I just loled about it. Do you have numbers or it's just another TRUTH what is OBVIOUS?
2 Aug 2013, 08:23 AM

12 million to 17 million soviet union civilian deaths in WW2

1.5 million to 3.5 million civillian deaths for the third reich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

No specifics on who did all these killings. but check that site out if you want ot know more.

between 6 to 7 million jews died in the holocaust which is double the ammount of civilian deaths suffered by the third reich.
2 Aug 2013, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 08:23 AMCrells
12 million to 17 million soviet union civilian deaths in WW2

1.5 million to 3.5 million civillian deaths for the third reich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

No specifics on who did all these killings. but check that site out if you want ot know more.

between 6 to 7 million jews died in the holocaust which is double the ammount of civilian deaths suffered by the third reich.

OH MAN! INTERNET DEBATES SURE ARE FUN. LET'S START THROWING WIKIPEDIA LINKS AT EACH OTHER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Looks like the Soviets and the flawed political ideology they spawned ended up killing far more people than the Germans ever did.

Facts are facts. History is history. The Soviet Union ended up being far worse than Nazi Germany.

The allies really did slaughter the wrong pig. It's a shame they stopped at Berlin and didn't bother pushing into Moscow with a reunified Germany to put an end to Communism because that disease could spread. A lot of German civilians would have been saved and far less women and children raped by the Soviet filth. The world would have been spared a massive nuclear arms race and a lot of the problems we have today wouldn't exist.

Oh well! Russia is a third world shit hole now so in the end the West did have the last laugh.
2 Aug 2013, 09:11 AM

Yeah this thread needs to be closed. Or at least moderated to get rid of the name calling children running around here.
2 Aug 2013, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 09:11 AMRogers
Yeah this thread needs to be closed. Or at least moderated to get rid of the name calling children running around here.

+1

to many nazi lovers in this thread
2 Aug 2013, 09:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Problem is the Soviet Union never really had to acknowledge or answer for its attrocities.

Germans certainly did, and other nations such as Japan have issued apologies and made compensation. The US is forever marred with the stigma of having used nuclear weapons and is still dealing with its history of slavery. The UK still has to carry its guilt from its Empire days.

Soviets however, never had to take responsibility. And its very infuriating to see these attrocities furthermore, now in this modern age, being whitewashed and expunged from history by revisionism by Russia in particular.

Stalin simply ordered all records and evidence of attrocity destroyed, in order to eliminate possibilities of the now occupied nations ro raise legal action (which would have undermined Soviet hegemony and authority in those conquered nations).

Its pretty appalling to answer to valid claims of attrocity and crimes against humanity, with the glib response that "Nazis did it too", or in anyway, shape or form, trying to repudiate, deny, belittle or downplay these attrocities.

Russia has never taken responsibility for these, and current sentiment seems to be to deny them, hide them, and misdirect any accusations to irrelevancies. And I say this specificalky for the war period. The subsequent over 60 years of subjugationnand oppression behind the Iron Curtain is yet still a further series of injustice that also has never been acknowledged and recfied for.

Germans have to acknowledge and live with their guilt. The US has to recognise and live with their guilt. Bout time Russians started doing the same. Accusing a game of misrepresenting these attrocities, when they are derived from actual sources, is doing exactly the opposite. Its not the games fault these happened, its the Soviet Unions. See the difference?
2 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM

Problem is the Soviet Union never really had to acknowledge or answer for its attrocities.

Germans certainly did, and other nations such as Japan have issued apologies and made compensation. The US is forever marred with the stigma of having used nuclear weapons and is still dealing with its history of slavery. The UK still has to carry its guilt from its Empire days.

Didn't see such aproach by Relic in CoH1 and you?
2 Aug 2013, 10:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Didn't see such aproach by Relic in CoH1 and you?

What does Relic have to do with Soviet war guilt?

Nothing. Relic didn't commit those attrocities, the USSR did.

False misdirection on your part, and disregarded.

I'm sorry that its so hard for Russian's to swallow the bitter pill of the horrific shadow side of their own history, but thats really no excuse and belittles/disrespects the sacrifices and suffering of the people who fell victim to them.
2 Aug 2013, 10:14 AM

What does Relic have to do with Soviet war guilt?

Nothing. Relic didn't commit those attrocities, the USSR did.

False misdirection on your part, and disregarded.

I'm sorry that its so hard for Russian's to swallow the bitter pill of the horrific shadow side of their own history, but thats really no excuse and belittles/disrespects the sacrifices and suffering of the people who fell victim to them.

Why Relic didn't show us german, us and uk ww2 attrocities in CoH1?
2 Aug 2013, 10:18 AM

Permanently Banned

Why Relic didn't show us german, us and uk ww2 attrocities in CoH1?

If they had shown Nazi atrocities in CoH1 that would somehow excuse Soviet atrocities IRL?

What is this fail logic.

The narrative and modus of storytelling is different in CoH2, to CoH1, and focuses on the suffering, sacrifices and tribulations of the baseline soldier. Its not a political difference, its just a "different" way to portray a narrative.

Do you acknowledge, recognise and accept responsibility for Soviet attrocities, carloff?
State me one Soviet atrocity that you feel ashamed of Russian history for related to WWII.
2 Aug 2013, 10:31 AM

If they had shown Nazi atrocities in CoH1 that would somehow excuse Soviet atrocities IRL?

What is this fail logic.

The narrative and modus of storytelling is different in CoH2, to CoH1, and focuses on the suffering, sacrifices and tribulations of the baseline soldier. Its not a political difference, its just a "different" way to portray a narrative.

Do you acknowledge, recognise and accept responsibility for Soviet attrocities, carloff?
State me one Soviet atrocity that you feel ashamed of Russian history for related to WWII.

Oh, I get it. You answering question with another question and ignoring us and uk parts. Whats nice to see. :) You are free to live in world of illusion, but you just hiding from truth. It's not a fail logic. It's comfort logic for you.
2 Aug 2013, 10:36 AM

Permanently Banned
You asked me to say why Relic chose a different storytelling impetus in CoH2 than in CoH1.

Im not Relic. I cant answer it.

I answered. Now you answer my question:

2 Aug 2013, 10:41 AM

You asked me to say why Relic chose a different storytelling impetus in CoH2 than in CoH1.

Im not Relic. I cant answer it.

I answered. Now you answer my question:

Already answered in other thread.
2 Aug 2013, 10:42 AM

Permanently Banned
@carloff:
Do you acknowledge, recognise and accept responsibility for Soviet attrocities?

State me three Soviet atrocity that you feel ashamed of Russian history for related to WWII.
2 Aug 2013, 11:37 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We don't need 2 of these threads running at once.

PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS