Login

russian armor

My 2v2 guide

21 Oct 2016, 11:48 AM

Just wanted to make a guide for all the players suddenly interested in 2v2.

Team comp
I don't recommend double UKF or double Soviets, their starting infantry and machine guns are ridiculously underpowered in 2v2. If you are on the allied side and your early game is rough - something is wrong.
Also important to see what the enemy team comp is.
Ex: Not making machine guns into double 2x OKW is an instant loss.

Build Orders
One player will have to go for 4 squads of infantry (either conscripts, rifleman, or infantry sections)
Player 2 should always go for half the amount with 2x support weapon
2x conscript 1 maxin 1 mortar
2x rifleman 2x mortar
2x infantry section 2x mg

One of the most annoying things in 2v2 is an MG behind a mortar. And mortars are super important if you dont wan't to waste ammunition on grenades (Much better to save for weapon upgrades and offmap artillery which is super important in 2v2)

If you don't like double support, I'd recommend either grabbing another squad of infantry, rushing an ammo/fuel cache, or saving up for higher tiers of support weapons (howitser, at guns, mortar pits, anti tank infantry call ins)

Map "Focus"
It's super important for allied players to focus on middle top or middle bottom, and not splitting forces.
Maps are designed to be fought around high ammo and high fuel points, so keep that in mind when you are idle and unsure of where to go / pressure on the map.
I always tell my teammate to send his engineer/rear echelons to side cap as we focus on our high fuel side.
Be sure to veto smaller maps, allied factions are the best at flanking and harassing so keep that in mind when you are choosing maps.

Early game
I like to keep our infantry together at the start, since OKW/OST is the current meta in 2v2 given the nature of how strong stormpioneers and vetted volksgrenediers are.
Allied players - alot of infantry to outnumber axis
Axis - forced to make more infantry
Results in more targets for your mortars to hit.
MG's counter blobs, but mortars shut down MG's (That's why you want a support weapon teammate)

Also; an MG behind a mortar is one of the most annoying things to deal with lol

Mid game
I call it mid game usually around the 3-4 commander point mark.
Builds are usually reactionary and can vary depending on how the match goes, but the general idea is having atleast one player "fast tech".

The first player usually bleeds the most, takes the most casualties so ideally you want infantry upgrades, ambulence/medics/forward assemblys.

The supporting player will be floating manpower, this opens up your build to having more "off map" infantry such as tank hunters, commandos, rangers etc. And you should be the one with the "safety" anti tank gun so no one surprises you with a halftrack / light vehicle.

So essentially the player with mortars will have the "elite" infantry doctrines, while the other player will be rushing a firefly / jackson / SU-85 with his excess fuel.

Late game
Late game officially starts when Stuka's and Panzerwerfers are trying to hit your AT guns.

Your team will eventually need a dedicated artillery unit such as;
Motor Carriages, Katyushas, Priests (BRITS), Calliopes

Note that I sort of hinted at which doctrine for the support player, but not the other player :P
(Support with paratroopers/rangers/commandos/guards riflemen/anti tank hunters)
The other player will definitely be the one to use the heavy tank call ins.
IS2
Pershing
For brits I highly recommend the Crocodile Churchhill, 230 fuel for a unit that can literally face tank at guns.

A few "op" things to abuse
Ambulance abuse - A fast ambulance supporting his teammate is extremely hard to shut down. Provides healing and reinforcement for weapon teams to truely win those extended fights and mortar battles lol

Ammunition Cache + Royal Artillery - You can literally bombard the entire match to shut down bunkers, badly positioned okw trucks, and forcing away at guns / mgs to take the map as you please.
Also your USF/Soviet player can spam grenades, anti tank grenades, or Zis bombardment

USF Lieutenant tech flexibility - Amazing anti infantry from the LT, machine gun and M20, while also allowing you to have bazookas from the m20 and armor piercing rounds (15 ammo wtf LOL) from the machine gun.

Soviet Katyusha is op - Hands down one of the best allied artillery options, and also on a really short cooldown. I don't think I've ever had a match where my kats don't get 15+ kills from hitting at guns, mgs, mortars and in general blobbed infantry

Forward retreat points and reinforcing- Most players neglect this in 2v2, it is hugely important to know how to get them.
USF - Major Ambulence combo
UKF - M3 supply halftrack from tank hunters with Infantry sections to heal. FORWARD GLIDER
Soviets - M5 halftrack (t3), pretty cool to upgrade this sucker too just to suppress random blobs (or if you lost all your mgs), and to stop axis air :D

Fast AT teching from Soviets and UKF - the ZIS comes out fast, so does the AT gun, and tier 3 from the brit player (Their final tier lol) Which is why I don't recommend double USF

Keeping the one firefly alive - Seriously one of the reasons why I always recommend a Brit player for every 2v2 composition. It really is a sniper tank. Many of my games we've lost simply because our firefly died lol.

I'll be sure to tag on replays too as I solo queue and do AT with my duo.
(Our highest 2v2 rank so far is level 10)

If you're a top 100 2v2 AT player (Not randoms) and you can support this guide, be sure to comment your replays too. We've got plenty of room for improvement.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★