1v1 British Vs Ost

11 Oct 2016, 16:11 PM

so, tough game, i thought i would loose and in fact, i did not for my surprise

i'dd like to improve myself as i'm fairly new to the 1v1s
so basicly, report anything wrong if you don't mind, i'dd realy like it, cheers
12 Oct 2016, 13:52 PM

Will look at it.
12 Oct 2016, 17:47 PM

always stand in cover with sections in case you are focusing elsewhere and they attack the squad

plant mines (middle road and narrow passages on angoville)

don't blob (your vet1 section could've done the same dps in heavy cover than your other 2 unvetted sections while moving in neutral cover)

Too early ATG - Watch the frontline flowing, he had no fuel even to tech to BP1, count the units and try to keep in mind how much they cost. You can then calculate how much resources he has (circa).

Resource float (burn the muni via mine planting and medkit upgrades + build a mortar at your base to shell the closest house). PS: Placing it on your left cutoff was really risky but you got lucky this time.

Interesting capping order (at least for me, I like to go to the right side [more houses, more cover = lot more cover = better damage output]).

Always build sandbags when capping special points (fuel/muni) - So you can get free green cover for your troops and they're not idle even during capture.

Back to resources. 500 manpower is the maximum of the "okay" level if you know you'll buy a few things in less then 10-15 secs. 1500 is not. And you floated like 1000+ mp almost whole game. Buy ATGs (as he had 2 P4s), recrew team weapons, get a vickers (for enemy unit control).

Always use the medkit ability on your sections when it's off cooldown. And I mean always. You don't have to sit back at base waiting for it to finish. You can pop it on the move, so your troops can maximize their effectiveness (like healing themselves + capping fuel point + building sandbags).

Don't stand on your own mines ever if you are in a fight (one lucky mortar/tank shell can ruin your day with it) - You got lucky once again as the P4 detonated the mine, causing engine crit, but not damaging the Cromwell (GG Relic, GG).

Actually played nicely compared that you are "fairly new" to 1v1s. Not a mocking just compliment. :)

Keep up the good work, good luck and have fun on the battlefield :thumb:
12 Oct 2016, 18:28 PM

"always stand in cover with sections in case you are focusing elsewhere and they attack the squad
plant mines (middle road and narrow passages on angoville)
medkit use"

my biggest problem right now in 1v1 is about dealing with the whole map, i'm already overloaded by managing the attack/def that i forget about field craft such as barbed wire and mines, i definitivly understand how good theses are as a damaged tank is easier to kill

"Too early ATG - Watch the frontline flowing, he had no fuel even to tech to BP1, count the units and try to keep in mind how much they cost. You can then calculate how much resources he has (circa)."

i always get pushed back by the 222 rush in my previous games, tried to prepare myself for it but this time it proved unnecessary

"Don't stand on your own mines ever"

ye, i get it, i got unlucky tho, what actualy detonated the mine was the ricochet, a penetrating shot does not trigger the mine IIRC
i tried to bait but well, i got baited, good thing the firefly came

"ressource float"

actualy, i did not felt like i needed anything, wich is actualy wrong i know it, i just don't look at my ressources unless waiting for something special (wich is a bad thing)

"blob"
no excuse there

thx for the review man, glad you find the game decent (i guess rank 13 isn't THAT bad)

when i say fairly new, i must have like 35 games on it (strangely, i manage to keep my usual ranks 9-13 wich is quite surprising)

for the fun note, afterwards i got matched 3 times against rank 17 and got my ass kicked

i think i'll come back if i need help, first need to mine more and deal with that ress float

thx again
12 Oct 2016, 18:49 PM

I know what you are saying with the "I didn't feel that I need something".

Sometimes I do it too, but believe me, it wouldn't have hurt your eco if you buy a vickers.

If you don't - start using shift click to queue orders. This way you can build a sandbag while capping and if you are finished (most of the time the cap's almost finished) you can shift click it to immediately go to the next point. Of course you need to experiment with it when you can send them to the next point etc.

Brits are really muni dependent but you almost never had problems with it. Because you never really planted mines in the early game :P They rely heavily on mines as they don't have snares by default and planting a mine at your base's entrance can really punish an overextending enemy vehicle.

It's not hard to focus on the whole map in 1s :) You need practice, but when you get a sense it'll be much easier :)

Last but not least: Britsish sections are especially cover dependent compared to other nations'. You always have to look for any kind of light/heavy (yellow/green) cover within the capture points radius.

Anyway glad I could help! :thumb:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS