Login

russian armor

4v4 all brits on one team, 6 mortar pits

9 Oct 2016, 03:48 AM

Yea, I was playing redball express. 2 mortar pits and a bofors on one side guarding a fuel and muni and vic (and center vic), 4 mortar pits and a bofors on the other guarding a fuel, a vic and a muni and center vic, and of course both are well supported. They basically forced us off all vics, and all fuels on the map, and all munis.

How do you counter this?

I need a pure emplacement killing commander, I went with Joint Ops, by the time my 2nd howitzer was up he called in that cheesy carpet bombing ability and immediately lost one of my howitzers. I mostly spent the whole match not going to the front because my men would just due from having 8 mortar crews dropping shells on them.

I'm thinking maybe there are better commanders. Someone tried doing early mortar halftracks, but it didn't really put much of a dent in it before they were building the 2nd and 3rd mortar pit on the right flank.
9 Oct 2016, 03:52 AM
Donator 11

Overwatch as OKW does a good job but you have to support it with Stuka.
9 Oct 2016, 06:45 AM

If you play Ostheer, I would highly recommend the Encirclement Doctrine, especially in 4v4 against campy Brits. Why? Well:‎
- First of all, these campy Brits will literally can't do sh*t against the Close the Pocket (They can't move their emplacements).
- Secondly, most of these campy bastards play with 1 hand only while eating ice-cream or sucking their thumbs with the other hand.
- Thirdly, it's not really that hard to pull off the massive cut-off. You can just create 3 Stormtroopers at 3 cut-off points (Or 2 depend on the map) and cut them off and Close the pocket.
I stopped playing 4v4 due to the amount of slugfest and clusterf*ck, but here is a 2v2 replay demonstrate how Close the Pocket works:‎

9 Oct 2016, 08:31 AM

Howitzer is a good choice against campy brits if u get to late game but with a little support from okw leigs u might not even need it.
9 Oct 2016, 10:38 AM

I'm gonna try storm doctrine with the added benefit of the stuka divebomb.

Only if we had super-ganged up one side, and forced them off half the map so they couldn't lay down their brit sim city, would we have had a chance of winning this round. It was a dull match, those mortar pits are hard to kill.
9 Oct 2016, 11:07 AM
Donator 11

The best emplacement killing choice is mortar halftrack. You can also accompany it with some standard mortars and a pak but the halftrack is most important part becouse you can be sure it won't get decrewed. The incendiary shot also quickly kills both emplacements and repairing royal engineers.

What you do:
With standard mortar you barrage the emplacement and shift order attack ground under emplacement. If you are fired upon you move the mortar and repeat. If you are decrewed you recrew and repeat. This is not enough though, you also need the mortar halftrack.

With the mortar halftrack you do almost the same but you start with incendiary, then you also shift order the attack ground. If you get shot by mortar you don't have to move that quickly, but do move if its the artillery firing. Remember to repair the halftrack. If it doesn't work becouse they build more emplacements just build more halftracks, they are cheaper than the emplacement and easier to repair.

When the time comes that enemy emplacements are weak and you need a final blow you can close in with flame version of standard halftrack or pak gun to finish them off.

The most important part is using the attack ground - that way you assure constant barrage so you will land your shots when they have not brace available.

Additionally you can try closing in with some pgrens. Shreck salvo and new bundle nade do loads of damage to emplacements.

Ofc there are also other ways: typically tanks do well against emplacements. LeFh is also quite a good choice. The best emplacement killers are JT and Ele. All of them come too late to be good enough though so the mortar halftrack is still your best bet.
9 Oct 2016, 17:09 PM

This is what you deserve for playing 4vs4.
9 Oct 2016, 17:58 PM

What if you find the other versions of the game boring, like 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. SHould you still not play 4v4 which is the mode of the game I find the most entertaining?

If you want to play the other game modes thats your prerogative not mine, I prefer to play 4v4.
9 Oct 2016, 18:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yea, I was playing redball express. 2 mortar pits and a bofors on one side guarding a fuel and muni and vic (and center vic), 4 mortar pits and a bofors on the other guarding a fuel, a vic and a muni and center vic, and of course both are well supported. They basically forced us off all vics, and all fuels on the map, and all munis.

How do you counter this?

I need a pure emplacement killing commander, I went with Joint Ops, by the time my 2nd howitzer was up he called in that cheesy carpet bombing ability and immediately lost one of my howitzers. I mostly spent the whole match not going to the front because my men would just due from having 8 mortar crews dropping shells on them.

I'm thinking maybe there are better commanders. Someone tried doing early mortar halftracks, but it didn't really put much of a dent in it before they were building the 2nd and 3rd mortar pit on the right flank.

You know the old adage...'replay please, or it didn't happen'. Still holds good in COH2.

I can guess what might have happened, but you should still hoist up the replay. ;)

As an aside, avoid Redball on 4v4 - it's too crowded. On 3v3, it is (IMO) a good map, though some will tell you otherwise
9 Oct 2016, 19:59 PM
Patrion 14

i assume the mortar pits had the range on the middle vp.

if you had time, i guess 2+ lefhs couldve helped and there is really powerful OKW offmap call in arty in JT commander?
21 Oct 2016, 09:51 AM

Try making fuel or ammo caches if you see mortar spam

Then you can fast tech to arty OR spam offmap arty
21 Oct 2016, 11:16 AM

agresive early game as okw should deny fast sim city i guess
21 Oct 2016, 11:55 AM

start playing 1v1 for a month or 2

switch back to 4v4

see all your problems gone automatically
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #