Login

russian armor

mortars...

6 Oct 2016, 10:19 AM

i have always hated those mortars. relic should add new animation that stupid soldiers jumping out of the mortar landing point when they are on the open field. instead of waiting to get wiped off.

you can see fucking mortar coming from up sky. so at least you try to jump away.
6 Oct 2016, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2016, 10:19 AMViento
i have always hated those mortars. relic should add new animation that stupid soldiers jumping out of the mortar landing point when they are on the open field. instead of waiting to get wiped off.

you can see fucking mortar coming from up sky. so at least you try to jump away.

You should try better, this facade isn't believable :megusta:
7 Oct 2016, 00:22 AM

you can see fucking mortar coming from up sky

An animation or something like thatjust to "buff" the units isn't needed imho, but rebalancing some stats (like scatter and such). What would it be of static weapons then? Would they stop firing a HMG just to breakdance their way out of a mortar barrage?
7 Oct 2016, 06:34 AM

An animation or something like thatjust to "buff" the units isn't needed imho, but rebalancing some stats (like scatter and such). What would it be of static weapons then? Would they stop firing a HMG just to breakdance their way out of a mortar barrage?

lol. weapon squads shouldnt have to jump away. but increasing scatter would do.
7 Oct 2016, 22:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

20/10 illustration, would toss the Mona Lisa out of the Louvre for this
7 Oct 2016, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

Except you don't. Once you realise you are the one that is fired upon, you are dead if you stood in the open when the shot was fired.

Soldiers normally hit the dirt after the first shell lands and they wait in such position for the end of barrage as normally there is more than one shot fired on the position.
8 Oct 2016, 08:15 AM

Is it true that you wont hear the mortar Shell if its Landing on top of you?
8 Oct 2016, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It'd depend whether the mortar shell will travel to your location faster than the speed of sound reaching. Considering the high arcs of mortars, it's probably quite feasible for mortar shells to approach the ground slower than the sound, though I have no real idea about what the velocity of relevant mortar shells are (most I can find is Wikipedia claiming the obsolete Canadian M19 60mm Mortar's muzzle velocity is 168 m/s).
8 Oct 2016, 13:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2016, 08:43 AMVuther

It'd depend whether the mortar shell will travel to your location faster than the speed of sound reaching. Considering the high arcs of mortars, it's probably quite feasible for mortar shells to approach the ground slower than the sound, though I have no real idea about what the velocity of relevant mortar shells are (most I can find is Wikipedia claiming the obsolete Canadian M19 60mm Mortar's muzzle velocity is 168 m/s).

It doesn't travel faster than the speed of sound. But the difference between the time when you hear it coming your way and the time it hits is about as long as your reaction time. The time you need to jump into cover or hit the dirt is absolutely out of question.

You can ofc jump into cover when you hear the mortar firing, though that would mean all the soldiers are laying on the ground all the time. This will often happen if you are under constant artillery fire for few days, soldier would look for shelter just when they hear the guns fire, not the shells landing or going their way.
8 Oct 2016, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2016, 22:03 PMVuther
20/10 illustration, would toss the Mona Lisa out of the Louvre for this

But then you would lose the theming bonus!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment