Login

russian armor

Kursk makes for some super annoying head games

22 Jul 2013, 22:18 PM

So I recently cast a game in which CCart faced off against a bunch of AT guns and T-34s, and found myself in the same position but as the Soviet player.

Given that flanking and maneuvering is somewhat difficult on this map, I had gone T70 as I wasn't really afraid of paks (and I knew where it was), and then much to my surprise, instead of a PzIV, out pops a Panther.

So I try to ram the dork and use my at gun. Smoke is popped. Engine screeches to a halt. Oh well. G'bye T-34.

Now what...I figure he's going to make more than one or do something sensible like make a PzIV so I'm not sure getting an SU-85 is the best idea. I've already gone Shock Rifle, as I kinda of like it on that map for some reason (flame barrage across an entire valley and obvious retreat paths anyone?) and decide I'm gonna have to get an IS-2. My T-70 eventually falls to a PzIv that swings around one of those damn bends after it gets fausted.

Ok, got an AT gun and a half crewed 2nd one. Got a vet 3 mortar that I'm using the concentrated barrage ability on to kill his almost equally vetted mg and mortar. Got a stolen MG42. Now I just have to get the damn IS-2 so I can defeat these tanks...

A real nailbiter...I got the IS-2 another T-34, rammed the Panther, mortared down the repairing infantry. Smoke is popped and I think I'm out of luck but the ram goes through!

GG.

All that for one game-ending moment which could have gone really badly for me if the PzIv had been there. Had to just wait and wait for the opportunity and gamble it all on one good moment...I really hate this map! But a good COH moment? I suppose. I just hate the way this thing plays.

http://www.coh2.org/replays/5658/a-game-of-chess
22 Jul 2013, 23:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

im not sure why I went panthers, maybe because you had a su 85 range bulletin? I dont know anymore...

And that first ram failed because you hit your own at gun :D

in hindsight i was way too passive when you had almost no units onthe middle but I kept bumping into yuor maxims and at gun with no real option to flank since they are so long and it made my base exposed.

I dont know if I like that ramming goes through smoke, on your second ram I backed around a corner and smoked and it still hit!

22 Jul 2013, 23:41 PM

There are so many inconsistencies within COH2, only time will help iron them out (I have seen a ram hit a low hp building instead of the tank, and take it out).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
unknown 17
Netherlands 1
Russian Federation 44
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L