Login

russian armor

Private Messages

28 Nov 2012, 00:13 AM

Any idea on when these will be implemented?

As an owner of a very popular websites, I think you guys should reconsider doing your own forums.

Huge amount of work that can be mitagated by VB. VB 5 is just about to come out and it will be the best few hundred you will ever spend.

Anyway food for thought, hope I don't come across as being rude but your crazy if you try and reinvent the wheel when your coders can be doing something like a replay system.
28 Nov 2012, 00:25 AM

pms are implemented already. just click on a users name and then "Send a Private Message".
28 Nov 2012, 00:36 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Conversely, we think you'd have to be crazy to try to build the kind of site that we envision on top of somebody else's forums software. :)
Seb
28 Nov 2012, 01:07 AM
Admin Black Badge

I'm curious, you might have been distracted, or it might be a design issue, but where did you expect PM to be that you couldn't find them?
28 Nov 2012, 01:14 AM

I tried about a week ago, the PM system didn't seem to be working. (I could have retarded it although I did try on both android and PC)

All working now, thanks for prompt response.
Seb
28 Nov 2012, 01:16 AM
Admin Black Badge

Ok glad it is fixed. :)

Actually I bet you send to one without clicking the add button first, which would fail back then and has been changed.
28 Nov 2012, 01:18 AM

The best thing about VB is not just the software, its the monstrous mod community that goes with it. So many cool mods that are free and are brilliant.

Good to see you guys have high plans for COH.

Another quick idea, might be a good idea if you haven't already thinking into the future is buy COH3.org as well or possibly buy COH.game or COH.tv or something like that so that the name will stay current long after COH 2 dies.
Seb
28 Nov 2012, 01:31 AM
Admin Black Badge

Well I appreciate your concerns, but the decision has been long taken, and for having the experience of how it worked on GR I can tell you modding to our needs is not as easy as it looks, and comes with a lot of constrains too.

As for the domains we need to see with ntd, I know he got some of them but I don't remember which, and now that you posted about it, if we don't have coh3.org yet it might be taken already. :p
28 Nov 2012, 01:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

COH3 2020 scheduled release. You heard it here first.
28 Nov 2012, 04:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

while he may have a point at this stage in development i think it would be a waste to just throw away what you've already done.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
unknown 30
Germany 333
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %