Login

russian armor

Best soviet anti tank infantry/tactics?

21 Jul 2013, 10:35 AM

whats is better, hit the dirt/shock troops/guards infantry/conscirpts + at grens?

any particular doctrine work best in 4v4 matchup against mass tank spam?
21 Jul 2013, 10:44 AM

Welcome to the community :)

My answer prior to the balance patch were shock troops, which are the best Anti-infantry infantry in the game. However, they've become more expensive, so I'm not sure now.

Vet 3 conscripts with PPSH tend to take down grens reasonably nicely, and anything with hit the dirt PPSH can push off anyone not watching their gren squads.

Sadly, most of us here on coh2.org don't play 4v4s, but I'd suggest SU-85s/ISU-152s and ATGs. Most of the time, by endgame, doctrines don't help much, it's units that you have on the field.
21 Jul 2013, 13:12 PM

The trick is placement, speed, and keeping the germans from combining tanks and infantry. I've noticed that players who play zee germans like to either group all tanks, and try to smash their way through, or group up horrendous loads of infantry and storm points. Soviet AT best works in unison with other units. Guards to button two AT to slice, their commander to hesitate etc. Effective Mortar cover mid star is an absolute must. katyusha rocket barrages soften up pesky german strongpoints, the art is breaking groups of german units up with barrages, good discipline with moving mortar/barrage units back when the germans get annoyed and scoop deep into your territory (which they are most likely be easily able to do.
21 Jul 2013, 19:51 PM
Patrion 14

Hi Whiteflour.

I play lots of 3 v 3 and 4 v 4. They are simply easier for Wehr. The secret IMO for Sovs is to get some early communication going. For example, a 4 v 4 on C-17 is tough for wehr to beat if two players go heavy support (HMG / mortar and gauge the need for early ZiS) and two go for properly micro'd clown cars (both snipezors und flames).

Then, transitioning into T3/4 is similar. SU-85 spam supported by T-34s ramming and Zis / HMG camping is lethal on bigger maps.

But you need to be quick! As Wehr those early flame H/Ts are the big breakout, as well as the PIV.

I think Sov players in bigger games tend to be newbier than the 1 v 1 crowd so they make some silly mistakes: early fuel points and bunkers for example. Both sides need to invest in mines to win the early game on a lot of maps, and properly micro'd units are just as important in big games.

As for HTD... rifle nades, bundles and flames.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★