Login

russian armor

Comprehensive OKW List (all units)

22 Aug 2016, 00:35 AM

I agree with everything until king tiger. King tiger is really bad after tank destroyers got pen increase, due to that it goes down preatty fast and is too slow to retaliate. It is simply not worth that insane overal price. Falshrimjeagers are also extremly overpriced, incerdibly squishy compared to other elite infantry, with medicore dmg and huuge mp price tag will make your manpower reserves bleed like crazy. Their vet is also kinda weak since on 5 stars this unit gets only 30% more accuracy and starts gaining it at the later lvls. I stoped trying to make them work when my vet 5 squad lost to a charging vet 2 penals with flamethrower. Im also not a fan of obers. Without mg they are practicaly useless for that price and after the upgrade really medicore (vetted double bren tommies completly destroy them). could be semi usefull if not for those squad wipes.
22 Aug 2016, 03:38 AM

To say that the IR halftrack is bad in 1v1, and can't be used consistently, is to not understand how it makes every unit in your army better. A kubel can have longevity in 1v1 if it has an IR halftrack spotting for it. You can use your IR with your Sturms to set up situations where they're in good positions to ambush behind hedges or buildings next to doors, or to set up a mine quickly when something's coming. With an IR, your Raketens can redirect where they're facing to help with target acquisition, cloak into good positions behind enemy lines, or be used with a Flak HT to bait Stuarts, AECs, T70s etc. As for the MG34, it needs kubel/IR spotting and micro in order to be effective. It's meant to be a combined arms MG. All of these units you've deemed "worthless" because they can't compete head to head with their counterparts. But OKW is not a Starcraft-style army like USF that are designed to trade hit points head on. Their style is more exemplary of how coh is different that winning is through relying on intel and positioning well. That's why Axis fanboys secretly love how ostensibly underpowered their units are and need to use combined arms to be victorious. You're more vulnerable but you can be more creative.
22 Aug 2016, 03:43 AM

Falls squad formation makes them most worthless inf unit in game. They always bunched up, and this means that they are easy to wipe by any aoe weapon.
22 Aug 2016, 04:50 AM
Patrion 14

All I can say to the IR halftrack defenders:

You don't play 1v1
If you do, you don't play well.

It's always, 100%, every time better to have actual fighting units to scout - and spending a full unit's cost on a non-combat unit is almost a sure-fire way to lose in closely fought 1v1 matches.

Think otherwise? 1v1 me and prove it!
22 Aug 2016, 07:20 AM

To say that the IR halftrack is bad in 1v1, and can't be used consistently, is to not understand how it makes every unit in your army better.

VidicareX doesn't understand the game. Cool story bro.
22 Aug 2016, 07:38 AM

IR Halftrack has relatively low upkeep and cost. I agree that you normally should not make it, but in long-games the advantages of better vision will eventually build up an advantage.

The thing is, OKW has very few ways to effectively bleed opponent manpower in the end-game. The rocket halftrack is probably the best way to deplete enemy manpower and given the high cooldown, the IR halftrack can help you make those rockets count.
22 Aug 2016, 07:50 AM
Patrion 14

IR Halftrack has relatively low upkeep and cost. I agree that you normally should not make it, but in long-games the advantages of better vision will eventually build up an advantage.

The thing is, OKW has very few ways to effectively bleed opponent manpower in the end-game. The rocket halftrack is probably the best way to deplete enemy manpower and given the high cooldown, the IR halftrack can help you make those rockets count.

A rare but do-able combo. Problem is it's expensive and you'll be relying on infantry and raketens to hold the line without tank support - definitely not ideal for OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★