Login

russian armor

OKW 1v1 commander confusion

18 Aug 2016, 06:58 AM

Hi.

I played a fair bit of 1v1 when the game came out,then took a break for years. I've only just taken up the new armies. Can anyone tell me what OKW commanders are worthwhile in 1v1? Any must buys?

I've gotten "scavenge" off a drop, it seems pretty useful with the grenades and the jaegers for sneaking VP's in enemy territory.
18 Aug 2016, 09:51 AM

There are no must buys, or the purchasable doctrine generally suck. Big time.

Firestorm is hopelessly bad bar flamer for SP
Overwatch...... yeah.
18 Aug 2016, 09:58 AM

Scavenge is the best one atm, no contest. All of its abilities are good or great.

The others are pretty meh. Luftwaffe used to be a no-brainer but now it's fallen out of favour since the MG34 became non-doctrinal.

Fortifications can be good in certain cases because you can plant mines with Volks and build MG bunkers.

Spec Ops is also decent if you go for Obers.

Feuersturm is also ok if you want flamethrowers on SPio's.

Personally I pick Scavenge 90% of the time, it's just miles better than anything else.

Have a look here as well: https://www.coh2.org/news/55579/tightrope-s-pacific-invitational-3-a-meta-review
18 Aug 2016, 10:24 AM

Scavenge is the best one atm, no contest. All of its abilities are good or great.

The others are pretty meh. Luftwaffe used to be a no-brainer but now it's fallen out of favour since the MG34 became non-doctrinal.

Fortifications can be good in certain cases because you can plant mines with Volks and build MG bunkers.

Spec Ops is also decent if you go for Obers.

Feuersturm is also ok if you want flamethrowers on SPio's.

Personally I pick Scavenge 90% of the time, it's just miles better than anything else.

Have a look here as well: https://www.coh2.org/news/55579/tightrope-s-pacific-invitational-3-a-meta-review

Forti is surprisingly good on city maps.

Watching a Pak 88 fire through 4 buildings to 1hko a damaged IS-2 is priceless (since static pak does not give a shit about shot blockers, kek)
18 Aug 2016, 10:35 AM

Forti is surprisingly good on city maps.

Watching a Pak 88 fire through 4 buildings to 1hko a damaged IS-2 is priceless (since static pak does not give a shit about shot blockers, kek)

The Pak43 would be a lot more viable if it worked like a Brit emplacement. Sure, it's nice that it doesn't care about shot blockers, but one grenade is enough to decrew it.
18 Aug 2016, 10:51 AM

The Pak43 would be a lot more viable if it worked like a Brit emplacement. Sure, it's nice that it doesn't care about shot blockers, but one grenade is enough to decrew it.

Yeah...

Or incend barrage
Or gammon bomb nuke
20 Aug 2016, 16:48 PM

If one grenade defeats your pak 43 you did something horribly wrong.

Try batllegruppe for heal and reinforce, flakHQ for AI defence, pak 43 for AT defence, double leigt for light arty counter and volks + p4 or tiger as mobile force.

This is great combo that punishes player that refuse to chose commader without good offmap (shock frontline, guard motor, airborne, pershing commader, vangaurd and royal enginner for example)

On topic : scavenger is best because of pseudo elite infantry, building counter, fast panic call in oswind, and good offmap.

Folloved by defensive - good counterpick against most meta doctrines
special ops: panic call in panther, flares and building counter
feuersturm: building counter and good offmap
20 Aug 2016, 17:05 PM

If one grenade defeats your pak 43 you did something horribly wrong.

One grenade or off-map arty is enough to decrew it and I don't see how you plan on preventing that unless you build a fortress around your Pak. A single yolo Shock troop attack is enough to neutralize it, which is why nobody builds the damn thing in 1v1.

21 Aug 2016, 07:32 AM

One grenade or off-map arty is enough to decrew it and I don't see how you plan on preventing that unless you build a fortress around your Pak. A single yolo Shock troop attack is enough to neutralize it, which is why nobody builds the damn thing in 1v1.

Maybe single flak hq can counter single yolo shock troop ?

Maybe your 4 volks and 1 ober will counter him before he can even get to grenade range

and what is more important when it is near your batllegruppe and flak hq you can recrew it in seconds while your enemy cannot recrew it.

Only counter to it is good offmap, not even incendiary artillery will stop it, and I know what I´m saying.

It is not so used in meta because there are better choices (scaveneger), but believe me cheap 15 munny mines all over the map, good fortress in midle of map that cover VP your cut off and fuel, great arty if you manage to get 300 munnition are great pain in the ass. And once you get kingtiger and all this nothing can counter you because they cannot dive to kill that beast
22 Aug 2016, 19:06 PM

Thanks everyone, very useful comments.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %