Login

russian armor

calliope population cost needs to go up to 16 from 12

11 Aug 2016, 11:15 AM

The calliope need a higher pop cost. There's no reason why it cost the same 12 pop as the weaker panzerwerfer and katyusha.

For comparison, the Priest cost 16 pop, the LeFH cost 15 pop, and the stuka cost 14 pop.

The calliope is the most durable artillery in the entire game, combined with a devastating alpha strike. It should cost 16 pop at the least.
11 Aug 2016, 15:56 PM

im not sold. the only issue I have with this is that USF has to carry a lot of dead weight in pop cap from major/ambo/officers. I usually cant field 4 armored units late game without sacrificing a unit or parking the capt with one model in the base on production mode or something of the sort.

True enough you can manipulate pop cap with usf by bailing out of vehicles, but with calliopes you can not, and leaving Jackson crews standing around is risky to try to reinforce your infantry after a battle. I don't think any of the other factions have issues with pop cap unless things have been going very well for you. Personally I generally do not.

I don't disagree that the calliope performs at the level of a priest as opposed to a katyusha, but I do think there is a bit more to consider with pop costs.
11 Aug 2016, 17:48 PM

Sure but then give it back it's crew then, given you can call in more than one, it shouldn't be exclused of the USF unique vehicle crew feature.
11 Aug 2016, 18:09 PM

Sure but then give it back it's crew then, given you can call in more than one, it shouldn't be exclused of the USF unique vehicle crew feature.

This ^^
11 Aug 2016, 20:24 PM

Then we have multiple Calliopes that can self repair damage and critical repair whilst being extremely durable and hard to kill. No chance, this would make it op beyond belief
11 Aug 2016, 21:26 PM

Then we have multiple Calliopes that can self repair damage and critical repair whilst being extremely durable and hard to kill. No chance, this would make it op beyond belief

If someone can spend that much manpower and fuel on rocket artillery, it's likely the game already ended or he could be punished for not having TDs, If they increase the popcap of the Calliope then I think it's fair to give it back it's crew.
11 Aug 2016, 21:32 PM

im not sold. the only issue I have with this is that USF has to carry a lot of dead weight in pop cap from major/ambo/officers. I usually cant field 4 armored units late game without sacrificing a unit or parking the capt with one model in the base on production mode or something of the sort.

True enough you can manipulate pop cap with usf by bailing out of vehicles, but with calliopes you can not, and leaving Jackson crews standing around is risky to try to reinforce your infantry after a battle. I don't think any of the other factions have issues with pop cap unless things have been going very well for you. Personally I generally do not.

I don't disagree that the calliope performs at the level of a priest as opposed to a katyusha, but I do think there is a bit more to consider with pop costs.

major and ambulance both have their uses. they are hardly dead weight.

the LT and Captain are both basically rifleman squad. They should be 7 pop, not 8 pop.

11 Aug 2016, 23:34 PM

the LT and Captain are both basically rifleman squad. They should be 7 pop, not 8 pop.

Not quite, because you pay extra if the officer dies. Not sure if this happens with the other Officers in game. But I would actually prefer a rifle over the officer squad, although I still find the Captains abilities pretty useful.
12 Aug 2016, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 23:34 PMDomine

Not quite, because you pay extra if the officer dies. Not sure if this happens with the other Officers in game. But I would actually prefer a rifle over the officer squad, although I still find the Captains abilities pretty useful.

the officer shouldn't cost 50 mp to reinforce. they used to have super thompson that was nerfed down to normal level. they should take 28 mp like everyone else.
12 Aug 2016, 00:33 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

"Weaker" counterparts in the Katy and werfer? lol please they all have their drawbacks and perks... You can have almost two of those "weaker" units for one calli which im pretty sure is more firepower than one calli is it not? in addition to those being non doc...
And didnt the calli get a quad nerf before?

This is actually a non issue....just looking for something for nerf. Stuka going down to 12 makes more sense than anything you said tbh
12 Aug 2016, 01:32 AM

"Weaker" counterparts in the Katy and werfer? lol please they all have their drawbacks and perks... You can have almost two of those "weaker" units for one calli which im pretty sure is more firepower than one calli is it not? in addition to those being non doc...
And didnt the calli get a quad nerf before?

This is actually a non issue....just looking for something for nerf. Stuka going down to 12 makes more sense than anything you said tbh

the katyusha have longer range but weaker barrage

the panzerwerfer have suppression, but not much else. the calliope have better range(130 vs 12) and more rockets (18 vs 10).

both the katyusha and panerwerfer also only have 160 hp compared to the calliope's 640. Even the stuka and priest only have 320 hp.

Using the katyusha and panzerwerfer at close range is risky because it's vulnerable to OHK from tanks. Even a t34/76 will quickly kill two panzerwerfer.

You can more safely use the calliope at close range because it has the durability of a tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★