Login

russian armor

Some help for a despaired OKW player

9 Aug 2016, 20:30 PM

Hi mates,

Could somebody have a look to this game, which is quiet significant of all my usual mistakes.
Playing every day for at least 6 months, I definitively have the feeling not to progress.
Each time I feel better and climb a bit in the leaderboard, I immediately lose 6 or 7 times in a row, losing 300 places.
Quiet despairing sometimes. Esp. because I read whatever I can read about CoH2, I watch as many replays of good players possible, ...

If somebody could give me advices, it'll be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

10 Aug 2016, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will have something for you Tomorrow.
12 Aug 2016, 04:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi mates,

Could somebody have a look to this game, which is quiet significant of all my usual mistakes.
Playing every day for at least 6 months, I definitively have the feeling not to progress.
Each time I feel better and climb a bit in the leaderboard, I immediately lose 6 or 7 times in a row, losing 300 places.
Quiet despairing sometimes. Esp. because I read whatever I can read about CoH2, I watch as many replays of good players possible, ...

If somebody could give me advices, it'll be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Your biggest problem is losing track of your units. You pretty much can't get any better without improving this, focus on remembering to check in on your squads and make sure they aren't dying or sitting idle. I will list a few things that will help.

- Grid Keys: Go into the options menu and turn on grid keys. It is a much simpler and faster hotkey method. It maps all the abilities you see in the lower right of the screen to a 4x3 area on your keyboard. Practice using it, and you wont have to take your eyes off the screen to fiddle with buttons as much.

- Minimap: You should be doing the majority of your camera movement and delegating order here (or on the tac map). Clicking and dragging on the minimap is a much faster way to pan the map, and keeping a watchful eye on the minimap will let you see everything going on. Focus on this, you let a lot of units just sit around idle and die, if you see enemies on it near your troops go give them orders.

- Squad row: Top right of the screen, you can see which units are idle by the clock, or are fighting by the crosshair. If you see they have low health and a crosshair in the top right you should probably retreat them, even if you don't know where they are. You can also double click on them to move the camera to them.

This is probably not the advice you were looking for, but this stuff is crucial. You honestly cannot improve at the game without dealing with this. Everything else is a secondary concern when you lose your first two squads in the game in the first 5 minutes. Pay attention and make sure your squads are doing something actually useful. You left multiple low health mgs in buildings to die, or left squads way to long next to enemies in a losing battle. Other times you just left squads in your base waiting for reinforcements, that never come.

You also need to play more conservatively with your vehicles. Don't drive up behind a blob of AT infantry. Fight them from long range. You also got light vehicles really late in the game. At a point they become obsolete, you know?

Also, it's always recommended to practice with other factions. Try some games as allies. Know your enemy, etc.
12 Aug 2016, 09:39 AM

Thanks a lot Tobis, very nice of you.
And at the opposite, it's exactly the kind of advices I needed.
I realize I try to do everything in a nice way, choosing emplacements, flanking, putting mines and sandbags, checking good cover,... And in the meantime losing many units somewhere else on the map.
It's quiet usual for me to lose, as you said, 4 or 5 units within 10 first minutes....
This way, how can I expect to do a good game, it's true.
Most of the time, when I'm involved in a "hot" fight, I'm so focused on struggling this part that I don't check AT All neither minipap nor units row...
I will try to focus much on this part of my game.
Anyway many thanks for your time, very nice of you, and very useful.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★