Login

russian armor

Using the Command Panther to skip Flak HQ?

8 Aug 2016, 13:14 PM

Lately I've been doing my best to hold on to one fuel and try to open with a Mech HQ and into the Flak HQ. This, of course, leaves me without means of healing apart from the SP medical crates which may not be available depending on how the game goes.

On the other hand, the Battlegroup HQ opening is pretty weak atm and the lack of a light vehicle really hurts the OKW mid game.

So I've been wondering: how about opening with the Mech HQ, then going back to the Battlegroup HQ and relying on the Command Panther call-in, then maybe going for the Flak HQ down the road? This should give me a solid mid-game and in theory I should be able to survive until I get 10cp with just light vehicles and le.IG's. I have yet to test this in an actual game.

Thoughts?
8 Aug 2016, 14:58 PM

Noggano did that in ESL all the time, and it went quuuite well. But that was pre-patch, with free medics, shrecks on volks and stuff. Not sure about now.
8 Aug 2016, 15:16 PM

Still good if you went Mech HQ first, Command Panther + Luchs + Puma is enough till late game, about specs ops commander, is Obers IR Stg-44 still worth it?
8 Aug 2016, 15:33 PM

Don't forget you get free healing on volks with vet 3 (I think). So you need only have them gain vet to that point. A CmdPanther is quite powerful if you play conservatively with it and remember to MT before it gets its first shot off. At that point you can make most Allied armor evaporate. In conjunction with a Puma you have a truly devastating AT option.
8 Aug 2016, 17:52 PM

But don't we suffer the lack of Panzer IV with this tech order ?
8 Aug 2016, 18:07 PM

But don't we suffer the lack of Panzer IV with this tech order ?

I was thinking about this and in terms of fuel cost (assuming you always open with Mech HQ) they are roughly equal i.e. going for Flak HQ + Panzer IV vs. Battlegroup HQ + medics + Command Panther. The only question is whether you hit 10cp around the same time it would have taken you to get to the Panzer IV with a normal build?

Assuming in both cases you get a Luchs, the question is whether you also need a Puma when going for the Command Panther or if it's possible to survive with just Raketens + panzerfaust against their medium armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
unknown 25
Poland 12
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %