Login

russian armor

Theoretically, when does OKW has the advantage now?

8 Aug 2016, 00:49 AM

After playing quite some matchs with OKW, I realized that my winning matches would just ended before I even set-up my Flak HQ (Before 20-minute mark or late of mid-game). Usually, I play quite defensive/set up ambushes around importan strategic position and let them come. They just bleed so much that they just rage-quited.

On the other hand, my losing matches would usually be those that lasted till late-game stages. Yeah sure, you could say it's a L2P issue but i'm not complaining about Allies OP or anything. I'm just wondering: Is OKW still a strong-at-late-game faction anymore or has it changed? Should OKW players still have to hold their ground till late game to finally turn the tide or they should finish off their enemies before it reached late game?

In the past as I remembered, Allies should try to win before late game to prevent themselves from being overrun by Axis armours. Now with recent buffs to Allies AT weaponry and nerfs to heavy armours, it seems that Axis kinda lost their edges at late game, along with Allies infantries being able to up-guns more effective than the Germans and a variety of arty weapons, it seems that if you try to hold till late game as Axis, you would basically turn yourself into an easy prey for Allies arty (Especially OKW due to their trucks)

Again, i'm not asking for nerfs or buffs to anything! I just want to know at what stages do OKW have an edge over their enemies? Right now, I don't think late-game is their strengths anymore, but then when?

P/S: This topic is all based around my 2v2 perspective, so it could contradict to others' perspectives. However, please answer my question and bring out your reasonings! I'm here to learn about the game.

Thank you all in advance.
8 Aug 2016, 01:16 AM

Replays illustrating your point go a long way to letting us help you.
8 Aug 2016, 02:12 AM

For some reasons, I just can't get to this page on PC (I'm online this on my phone). I will try to make it works.
8 Aug 2016, 04:29 AM

So basically here, he failed at breaking my defenses and they just lost, no need for heavy armours. We basically won before late-game stage even truly arrived.

While on this match, I managed to nearly shut down the Brit dude at around 20:00 with my "humble" force. However, I didn't take advantage on that opportunity (Ok, this one is the L2P issue) but to be honest, I didn't expect that to happened! I actually didn't know how much of a opportunity that was because as far as I know, at that stage of the game, I'm supposed to be in a disadvantage position (Allies strong at early to mid game, right?). But then late game came and I thought I can finally/truly start fighting aggressively since theoretically (As far as I can remembered) I should have the upper-hand. But his infantries just shredded my infantries everytime I try to push and their AT arsenal (Fireflies + 17-pounder) just prevent my armours from taking advantage (Also, I know I made a lot of mistakes late-game, if someone can point them out for me, I would very much appreciated. However, my point still stands)

Once again, i'm NOT complaining about Allies being OP or anything of the sort. I'm just... confused... Are Axis that strong late-game anymore? Or things have changed and it's time for Axis to fight to win before late-game come.
8 Aug 2016, 15:27 PM

I'll take a look as soon as I get to my PC
8 Aug 2016, 15:37 PM

I'll take a look as soon as I get to my PC

Just take your time, but probably you should just check the second one. The first one may not that good at illustrating my point.
8 Aug 2016, 19:20 PM

Game 2
Alright I'll start off now and refine this once I've had a nap and more time to look again in detail:

1. Starting builds. There is no perfect build by any means, but I prefer Kubel->sturm->volk->volk for a grand total of 2 sturms 2 volks and a kubel for your early game composition. I feel like this maximizes your chances of contesting important map regions early.

2. Garrisons. The building overlooking the fuel is an extremely high priority target. Try to rush it with your starting sturm squad in order to deny it to the enemy. It ended up causing you some grief early on.

2b. If the enemy beats you like they did in this replay, position your sturms on the side of the house with the least firing points and fire away. Chances are the high DPS of the sturms will force them out.

3. Kubel usage. Yours died a pretty ignominious death very early on. Treat it like an lmg on wheels. It's quite good at flanking support teams and helping your units win firefights. Good kubel usage will also reduce your MP bleed as you can simply repair any damage with sturms. If you're not confident about using them in combat, use them to back-capture points. They capture them 15% than most units.

4. Sturms. I personally never shreck mine and use them as flanking assault squads all game. They are very good at bursting units down at close-medium range.

5. Raketens. You have to cloak creep them to get the most use out of them. They did a lot of damage, but leaving them uncloacked lets the enemy know where they are.

6. Mines. Lay them in choke points and high traffic areas. They win games.

7. Volks. Upgrade them with stg's whenever you can. It's an across the board improvement in their firepower.

8. Unit preservation. Needs a bit of work, but that comes with practice. Try to pay more attention to the unit display in the top right corner.

That's all I have for now. I'll be back later with more.
9 Aug 2016, 07:28 AM

Very interesting, accurate and helpful analysis
Thanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment