Login

russian armor

Mod Maker Stalls When Burning Skins

4 Aug 2016, 06:02 AM

Hi all,

This is an issue I encountered seemingly at random early on. It stopped being a problem for a while, but now has re-emerged.

Basically, I start burning my skin pack, and at a certain unit (currently Panzer IV, the last one in the list) it just gets stuck forever. No error message. It doesn't even seem to realise something is wrong. It just keeps saying "Working..." until I kill Burn.exe.

Has anyone ever encountered this and found a solution?

So far I've tried:

• Cleaning the mod
  • Deleted existing mods
  • Deleting Intermediate Cache manually
  • Making sure I have disk space
  • Checking the burn settings
  • Rebooting the computer

All to no avail.

Thanks
4 Aug 2016, 22:29 PM

Hi all,

This is an issue I encountered seemingly at random early on. It stopped being a problem for a while, but now has re-emerged.

Basically, I start burning my skin pack, and at a certain unit (currently Panzer IV, the last one in the list) it just gets stuck forever. No error message. It doesn't even seem to realise something is wrong. It just keeps saying "Working..." until I kill Burn.exe.

Has anyone ever encountered this and found a solution?

So far I've tried:

• Cleaning the mod
  • Deleted existing mods
  • Deleting Intermediate Cache manually
  • Making sure I have disk space
  • Checking the burn settings
  • Rebooting the computer

All to no avail.

Thanks

Yes, in fact it has happened to me recently. I just figured I made a mistake somewhere in the naming of folders or all the other countless places that could make it crash or hang.

Does your skin pack export all the way without stalling when the PIV is not included?

One thing that I've done to minimize problems is that I keep my mod folder on the desktop. Other than that, my only solution is to make another skin pack from scratch and cross your fingers... Not really what you wanted to hear.

You might try rebuilding the skin pack and start with the PIV and then if that works, try the rest.
6 Aug 2016, 10:29 AM

I think the problem was file names + paths getting too long. I got an error to that effect when I tried to delete my previous attempts.

I moved my folder to C: drive and reduced file/folder names where possible and it works fine now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
unknown 8
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %