Login

russian armor

[2v2] Werhmacht vs Brits

3 Aug 2016, 01:20 AM

Possible someone can cast this game for comments? I would love to hear the feedback!!! Need help to improve my game.

I appreciate your time and help.

Replay link:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/55348/what-went-wrong
4 Aug 2016, 13:36 PM

Hi Iceman

I will be working today, but I can review your game later today. I saw in your replay a number of comments, at least one of which had some advice (although it was laced with "L2P noob" garbage as well). I would recommend looking at the good bits and also watching some 2v2 from a streamer. I think you will see very quickly some ways to improve your gameplay. More details on your particular game later.
4 Aug 2016, 17:09 PM

Alright Iceman here is what I saw:

Areas to Improve Immediately
1) Use your tactical map (numpad 0), ideally you should be pulling it up every 10-15 seconds at least.
2) Stop watching single units and focus on the bigger picture
3) Get in the habit of capping points
4) Retreat, retreat, retreat! Not just for the faint of hear, but also for keeping units alive.

Specific Comments
You play with emplacement bulletins, which I suggest immediately changing for IS or MG bulletins. Emplacement bulletins are lack luster and offer little if anything to your army. You are also playing with a faction that punishes unit loss powerfully, and you are relatively new to the competitive game so you are struggling to preserve your units. Try playing Soviets and see how you make out. I would also recommend playing against the comp on the "Hard" setting to improve micro performance. You should be able to beat a comp on such a setting easily once you get good.

You invested heavily in MGs but failed to secure any sectors. Partially because you and your teammate actually capped the same point at the beginning of the game for unknown reasons. You also left half the map uncontested. In fact no one even tried to cap the other half of the map. You could have done so for free and lost 0 units.

You frequently have units stand around and wait for orders, even while observing them. I am unsure what you are waiting for. The engineers by the Bren Carrier are a great example. You also built the bren late, and then let it sit in front of a 222 until it died. The bren is useful on city maps for its flamethrower, if you don't plan on using it, don't build one.

You upgraded your IS with pyrotechnics even though you needed healing badly. Brit base artillery is little more than an annoyance, only use it to deny area temporarily or through the FoW for some sort of impact.

Keep your men alive! Retreat more often, you really should not lose a squad to a wipe before the 5 minute mark, units just don't do enough damage at that point to kill squads that quickly.

Summary
You need a little practice. Play against the comp a bit and see if you can sharpen up your skills. Once you have a little more depth to your play you should venture back online and try against humans again, who are far more unpredictable and versatile. Bring us another replay once you have had a little more experience in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L