Login

russian armor

[1v1] OKW vs Soviet, trouble with buildings + guards

1 Aug 2016, 02:48 AM

So I thought this would be a good game to have checked out by the professional analysts here :P

I thought I started the game off fairly well, forced a few retreats and got some good map control going. However, I had a hard time dealing with penals + guards, especially when he garrisoned buildings. In a lot of my games I have a terrible time dealing with units in buildings. Any suggestions to my OKW play, what I did (and should have done better) to counter his units hiding in buildings, and general tips would be most appreciated!

1 Aug 2016, 10:56 AM

Hello, I´ll look at this today
2 Aug 2016, 11:02 AM

Lets get this thing done.

Commaders
Breaktrought isn´t good commader , I recommend you to changing it for special ops because of commad panther, gettting panther without teching + having mark on top of it is more like good. Also chose commader sooner, getting scavange to get nades and JLI to counter infantry early may work, also getting fortification to place mines and dig in.

Early game capping order

Why your rushed his cut off with sturmpioneer, it is completely useless, he was even without support, I recomnmend you to use your first squads to get your fuel and points near it, or get some good building, you can rush cut off later when he have something capped (so it catually even cut somethin off) and he is forced to retreat.

Also later on you fought fights near his and yours VP house but both you lost because you didnt get house and still was in that fight, you knew you cannot win that fight, but still you fought it. Don´t fight fights if you cannot win them.

Early game build order

Why you´ve got kubel, you knew he is going tier 1 because of all guard commaders and penal bulletin, getting 1 volks more would be much better and safer choice.

Mid game

You never capped, you was either idle, sitting in midle of road or fighting bad fights around useless mid VP. Also you didnt ever harrased his cut off, why ? because you was so afraid of allmighty guards or what ? Also you didnt use your idle raketen to cap points

The luchses

Nice strategy getting 2 luchses but you ddint capitalise on it, he had no at gun , no mines, push with luchs into his cut off cap his cut off, minution fuel and VP, then use 1 squad to cap your side, its simple as that. Also when you´ve got second luchs you was stillafraid of 1 guard squad, simply use 1 volk to get nade into house and when they get out of house force him to retreat with 2 luches, then kill in on retreat path and kill any other squads you can . Once you invest so much into luchses, you have to be agressive dont let enemy to gain ground , get cut off and you site thats it

The puma vs t34/76 fights

Puma can outrange t34/76 and is also faster so it can always kite it, but you didnt kite t34, you tryied to attack it at point blank, thats also why you lost your puma.

The end

Because you didnt capitalise on your light vehicles and you dint cap you lost your advantage, then you lost stupidly puma, schrek and many squads. Also you didnt get medics to keep your squads on par with his and you didnt get scond raketen to fight t34. And all you have to do was being more agressive when you had advantage and then you didnt respond to enemy composition ,also you was too pasive and chose bad fights, and didnt keep houses

Hector

2 Aug 2016, 18:55 PM

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply! I'm going to review my demo later with your tips in mind, then try my luck again a little later.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★