Login

russian armor

Bombing units directly at the HQ is retarded shit.

raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:17 PM

Yes, it is.

No, I disagree with you on whyever you think this is ok.
19 Jul 2013, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

19 Jul 2013, 17:20 PM

I disagree. That is a way of telling your opponent :
- leave the game plz gg,
- how much respect you have for him,
- lolol body partzz.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:31 PM

The problem is mostly with Jaeger Armor Doctrine, because they can chain recon overflight + bombing run instantly turning any lategame into a win.
19 Jul 2013, 17:33 PM

Nothing different from the vcoh base straff. The bombing delay might have to be fixed, otherwise it's totally legit.
19 Jul 2013, 17:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2013, 17:31 PMraw
The problem is mostly with Jaeger Armor Doctrine, because they can chain recon overflight + bombing run instantly turning any lategame into a win.

I quite like this doctrine, and was a little puzzled when Fortified Armor (sic) doctrine was recently highlighted over it.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:37 PM

I don't remember vCoH offering you vision and bombing run in one nice package.
19 Jul 2013, 17:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2013, 17:33 PMPepsi
Nothing different from the vcoh base straff. The bombing delay might have to be fixed, otherwise it's totally legit.

Aha! You are playing CoH2! Stop loafing and start streaming! :D (Hope all goes well BTW)
19 Jul 2013, 17:39 PM

Yeah I have to agree with Pepsi here and it is fair. It takes a lot of munitions and a perfect scenario. Yes, it is frsutating when it happens to you, but you can do it to your opponent and it feels awesome.

Don't get angry at it. Look at in this manner. When you know your opponents doctrine has the potential to act like this, ensure you do not do any mass retreats. It can be your demise. Spread your units out well, pick correct fights, using cover well and scouting will assist you in preventing this. :)
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:40 PM

Yeah I have to agree with Pepsi here and it is fair. It takes a lot of munitions and a perfect scenario. Yes, it is frsutating when it happens to you, but you can do it to your opponent and it feels awesome.

Soviets actually can't do it, because they don't have Recon + Bombing on one commander, so you have to push in his base or coordinate with someone else if this is a 2v2+.

I for one will abuse the fuck out of this going forward, because this "perfect scenario" of mass retreats is a given in any normal lategame and hey, it will win you the game.
19 Jul 2013, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2013, 17:37 PMraw
I don't remember vCoH offering you vision and bombing run in one nice package.

Yeah. Recon run + strafe the retreating units was a tactic I used to use all the time.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:43 PM

Yeah. Recon run + strafe the retreating units was a tactic I used to use all the time.

Strafe isn't an insta-kill and you can actually heal through it. It's still retarded - don't get me wrong.
19 Jul 2013, 17:43 PM

Soviets can do it I think. Anti-infantry tactics is a DLC commander that has recon run + incidernary arty.

No strafe is instant kill if you strafe 2-3 volk/gren squads that have retreated to the main base to reinforce. They will not have full health, they will be strafed and majority of the time most will die.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:44 PM

Soviets can do it I think. Anti-infantry tactics is a DLC commander that has recon run + incidernary arty.

No strafe is instant kill if you strafe 2-3 volk/gren squads that have retreated to the main base to reinforce. They will not have full health, they will be strafed and majority of the time most will die.

You can run out of incindiary. The problem is 50kg bomb + recon.

I've been strafed enough in this game (and CoH2 strafe is even stronger) and most squads will survive.
19 Jul 2013, 17:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Not forgetting Flares and Rocket Barrage in the 'intermediate' game (the love that dare not show its name:P)
19 Jul 2013, 17:46 PM

If you're in the position where he's base raping you, you've probably lost.

CoH isn't like DoWII where you can fuck up all you want and let your enemy get the edge and still be safe inside your base. It's part of the game and it's part of needing to keep the pressure on your opponent in order to stop them getting that kind of advantage.

Also, try "running out of incendiary" while you're retreating. The biggest dick move I've ever seen in this game was my opponent dropping fire bombs in my retreat path and wiping out my entire army.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 17:47 PM

If you're in the position where he's base raping you, you've probably lost.

He isn't base raping me, if he uses recon overflight to give him vision for bombs he can conveniently time the bombing run with my units reteating... even if the engagement was a slight win for me, he will get to kill *everything*.

Dropping incindiary into retreat paths actually requires timing and skill. R+BR is just two clicks with the mouse.
19 Jul 2013, 19:01 PM

Not an issue. Specific doctrine required, very high munitions float required, requires mass retreat from other player after other requirements have been met.

Sounds like you lost to this once and are just raging about it because you were caught unawares.

Also vCoH had recon run + bombing run in the same doctrine, so it's not even anything new. You could absolutely do this for around the same cost back then.
19 Jul 2013, 19:09 PM

WTF? Arty after mass retreat for massive kill exist since 2006

What's wrong with it?

Bike + Prop War on blob + V1 FTW
raw
19 Jul 2013, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2013, 19:09 PMPorygon
WTF? Arty after mass retreat for massive kill exist since 2006

What's wrong with it?

Bike + Prop War on blob + V1 FTW

The Bike required to actually survive to spot, i.e. it was only accessible if you were winning anyway. Recon + Bombing Run is not.

Seriously, why do you keep comparing unit micro to left clicking with the mouse?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 23
South Africa 1
Germany 752
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %