Login

russian armor

1v1 OKW vs SOVIETS (look just at first 30 mins)

19 Jul 2016, 21:16 PM

Another OKW, another lose. I am quite desperate at beating any of them.
This guy was trolling me for an hour while not capping VPs and just a map.
For first i though i am ina good shape i maintained half of the map, i got his Cannon truck destroyed.
Somehow he pulled out KT. I managed to destroy it somehow but then i had just nothing so i kept spamming infantry but i got nowhere. His 2 ultra vet squads destroyed everything.

Second KT was quite lucky that he survived. But after that thats just him leaving me to build more stuff he can kill.

I felt like Soviets cant just build anything strong enough to withstand late game non-vet.

Look please at least at the first half and tell me where i screwed this up. Thanks
20 Jul 2016, 03:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

snip

You need to focus on capturing the fuel better. The soviets are designed around an aggressive early and mid game, if you are going to try to camp against OKW with half the map you are just going to lose. The longer the game goes the better OKW gets and the worse the Soviets get. You need to get in and secure an advantage before then. Waiting around just lets him tech up and get better vehicles than you.

At the very start you didn't even cap the points on your side of the river. Those are worth 6 fuel and 8 munitions per minute, you might as well send one squad to go cap those instead of waiting for your enemy to take them. Then you started floating like crazy towards the mid game without teching up. You could have had your t-70 3 minutes sooner and pushed your opponent back, but you waited until you had 180 fuel and 600 manpower to build t3. Resources you aren't using are just being wasted, you want to invest them into something as soon as you can if you are not saving up for something.

You were also not careful with some of your units, and getting into a lot of pointless engagements. If you have one conscript squad you have no hope of beating 2 enemy squads. Unless you have a good reason to stall your opponent there is no reason to stick around in that fight. It is also not worth risking a squad wipe over a normal territory point like you did with your first combat engineers. Their lives and veterancy are worth far more. The t-70 was also wasted early, make sure you stay out of close range with the volks, their snare will kill you quickly.

At the end he has both fuels for a long time, getting more than double your fuel and munitions rate. This is why he can get a King Tiger. And another King Tiger. And another one after that one dies. Late game he has quadruple your fuel rate, a king tiger, and 2x the amount of squads you have. You should just surrender at this point, once you're this far behind it is over. You could stay around as long as you could because your opponent was a moron.

You did okay for being so new, most of this stuff will come naturally with practice. You made some mistakes just not knowing how some of the units function, and that will get easier over time. Just practice some more, maybe watch some streams.

Random Tips:
- The kv8 gun is ass, it will never penetrate anything stronger than a scout car. Don't even bother fighting tanks with it, it is only useful versus infantry.
- Molotovs are only useful for denying cover and injuring an enemy slowly over time if they stay standing in it. It's pretty much a waste to throw it as moving squads. The soldier throwing the molotov could be shooting instead.
- If you are having trouble being aggressive early game try another faction. Soviets are one of the harder factions to play for a new player. Play around with all the factions to some extent, so you know how they work.
- Use target vehicle on your tank destroyers and AT-guns. They are pretty much never going to damage infantry, so you are just wasting shots against them. You don't want the at gun accidentally shooting troops when a tank is so close.
21 Jul 2016, 20:43 PM

Thanks, somewhere i heard the Soviets are most easy.
I already tried Brits (far better i know)
I dont really know if i want to try Axis becouse i have to learn how to play against 3 factions not just 2.

The problem is when i got under pressure or i start losing somehow, i cant keep my head cool, i start doing reckless plays to turn the game around as fast as possible.
22 Jul 2016, 02:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks, somewhere i heard the Soviets are most easy.
I already tried Brits (far better i know)
I dont really know if i want to try Axis becouse i have to learn how to play against 3 factions not just 2.

The problem is when i got under pressure or i start losing somehow, i cant keep my head cool, i start doing reckless plays to turn the game around as fast as possible.

It's not that Soviets are hard, but I would say their playstyle doesn't lend itself to very new players well.

You should play some Axis games, atleast against the ai. Know your enemy and whatnot. The experience is immeasurably helpful when you are learning the game, I would recommend playing around with all factions equally until you find one you like most.

Being reckless is also normal, you will get used to it playing overtime and better judge what you should be doing from experience.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★