Login

russian armor

Vods of Campaign Walkthroughs

18 Jul 2013, 02:28 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I was just wondering how many new players and others coh2 members would be interested in watching a campaign walk through on General difficulty where I explain how to use strategies and tactics to best effect.

Thanks for the feedback!

18 Jul 2013, 04:50 AM
Patrion 14

James,

From my point of view, not much tbh. Krebs has done it already.

What I would watch, however, is you casting general 1 v 1 tips and maybe Theatre of War on high difficulty.

Saw the shoutcast with you and the dude spamming KV-8s and the cursed PAK-43. Great game and well done Rogers and Pounder for a great cast.
18 Jul 2013, 09:08 AM
Patrion 14

If you really wanted, I've noticed a gap focusing on the specific achievements/ribbons you earn on campaign. That's always an area folks are interested in?

Otherwise, BeltFedWombat covered it pretty well.
18 Jul 2013, 13:33 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought it might be a good idea to do these campaign walk through's to help the site become more 'noob' friendly as from what I've heard at Relic, they believe this site to consist of the 'elite' end of the community more so any than any other type of player.

I think making short 1v1 tips would be a great idea and I will definitely create VODS of the ToW missions. I have already uploaded 2 of the co-op missions with my mate NoLuckyStrike.
23 Jul 2013, 19:22 PM

Yes, if anything just do the 1v1 thing :D i guess like Hirmetrium said, if you focus on getting certain medals maybe it's ok, but i think just regular campaign videos for general difficulty might not be worth it, as i remember on your stream you said something like if you only get 20 views its not worth it. But whatever you do, good luck in it ^_^
23 Jul 2013, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned
do 4 mg 4 mortal 3 at gun and press attack move.
VRL
23 Jul 2013, 19:56 PM

I think making short 1v1 tips would be a great idea and I will definitely create VODS of the ToW missions. I have already uploaded 2 of the co-op missions with my mate NoLuckyStrike.

A few casters/players from Starcraft 2 did excellent Multiplayer tutorials for beginners, going into the very basics of the different armies (such as what units do, and where/when that is effective) along with progression into general metagame and tactics commonly used in multiplayer - and what to do when they are used against you.

Often these tutorials were split into 10 or so episodes covering different aspects and building on previous knowledge in the series.

Might be worth doing something similar? May help boost numbers wanting to try 1v1!

EDIT: Realised this is nothing to do with campaign!
23 Jul 2013, 20:46 PM
Patrion 14

I wholly agree that basic *campaign* tutorials are exactly the sort of thing I was looking for when I was starting playing CoH.

As for elite? Ha ha ha. I'm shit. xD
23 Jul 2013, 23:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If you want to learn the basics then PLAY TUTORIAL.
The demonstration vids are quite good as well.

24 Jul 2013, 00:26 AM

Im almost done with campaign on General difficulty for expert players! MVGame
But Im playing it Soviet style! just throw enough units at the enemy for the victory! lolz

As to Krebs, I think he is just playing for fun :)
where as you James you can take it to the next level! and to the walkthroughs on how to beat each mission for all the extra rewards and badges and stuff on hard Im sure there is tons of people who would like to see how its done.

24 Jul 2013, 19:40 PM
Patrion 14

Agree on ribbons and badges for campaign. I dont want to generalize and say "all players want this" but I would, and do for some missions still.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 55
Poland 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment