Login

russian armor

T70 way too effective

9 Jul 2016, 17:28 PM
Patrion 310

AEC comes at the time that you can have 2 222s. Meanwhile you can have a pak40 clone and a sniper that can stun. Enough there to fight of the pathetic 222 and the very good luchs.

How exactly do you manage to get a Brit sniper to vet 1 before a 222 comes out?
9 Jul 2016, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

Can confirm: T70 (and most light vechs) are OP.

9 Jul 2016, 18:53 PM

Allies unit performs good = time to nerf. Is that logic works in that case?

This is kind of how Relic has been balancing axis for the last year. :)

T-70 will perform good only if you mirco it constantly and do it very well, with all those pathfinding issues and other stuff. 1 mistake and it can be 2-shoted by AT/medium tank and you gonna lose 70 fuel, which is a lot. It also easy counters with mines, which both axis factions have.

You need to micro everything. Luchs will die to 3 zooks/piat pens and zooks/piat can be on all USF/UKF infantry.

That's how all light tanks in game works, actually. Nice firepower boost in medium game, with high risks of fast losing it without effective control.

Yes, it most definately is a glass cannon.

In my understanding - T-70 is pretty bad unit, cos it costs a lot, but it can't be used effectively and without risks in late, so it doesn't worth investments. Better save that 70 fuel, build T4 and call something, that will not only be effective right now, but will be effective later.

I know it's effective because I scramble to address it everytime I see it and it can easily cover it's own cost to produce.

Wait... there is no such units in T4... Ok, T-70 is fine then.

There is a new meta emerging in this game due to the recent changes, that punishes skipping light vehicles.

T70's power level to cost is completely fine you guys. It needs to cover 9-10 models (15-25MPish) to cover it's MP cost and, assuming 1 fuel=5 MP, another 10-15 models. Granted if it gets even one wipe on a vet'd squad I consider that an equal trade.
9 Jul 2016, 19:10 PM

manpower is really needed for soviets increasing manpower in it might be a bad idea. I don't really see how they are op though they die in 2 AT hits and sometimes 3 if you are lucky with self repair but I think that it's fine and tbh, playing soviets without the t70 is sort of a pain in the ass. nerfing it might not be cool
9 Jul 2016, 19:32 PM

How exactly do you manage to get a Brit sniper to vet 1 before a 222 comes out?

That was not the point, people said UKF has no snare, which it does have, a sniper with vet 1 is a snare.
9 Jul 2016, 19:35 PM

manpower is really needed for soviets increasing manpower in it might be a bad idea. I don't really see how they are op though they die in 2 AT hits and sometimes 3 if you are lucky with self repair but I think that it's fine and tbh, playing soviets without the t70 is sort of a pain in the ass. nerfing it might not be cool

Its impact, and that of other light vehicles, is just too big for its timing. One well handed T70 can basically decide a game vs Ostheer and OKW.
9 Jul 2016, 22:42 PM
Patrion 310

That was not the point, people said UKF has no snare, which it does have, a sniper with vet 1 is a snare.

Well you wrote stun (which it doesn't do) and my point still stands. 222 can kill a sniper pretty easy and you cannot snare (or not at all depending on the vehicle) until you hit vet 1. The sniper really isn't a reliable way to snare, considering all other factions have it on mainline infantry.
9 Jul 2016, 22:44 PM

Well you wrote stun (which it doesn't do) and my point still stands. 222 can kill a sniper pretty easy and you cannot snare (or not at all depending on the vehicle) until you hit vet 1. The sniper really isn't a reliable way to snare, considering all other factions have it on mainline infantry.

All light vehicles have too much of an impact. Brits might not have a full reliable snare, but they still have the cheapest and most effective tech of all factions. Cromwell comes very fast.
10 Jul 2016, 09:09 AM

t70 could use a nerf. The safest nerf would be to make the repair ability an out of combat rep since it can heal through pac shots.

T70 is too strong since you need to get it out asap since it is the biggest bang for your buck.

Honorable mention: t70 has better anti-inf power than t34s & t34/85s #LOL
10 Jul 2016, 09:28 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Damage potential of the T-70 is rediculous, yet it's ability to die in two shots makes it inconsistent and gimicky.

I would absolutely love to see it get a big accuracy/damage nerf, in exchange for a HP buff to 400 to put it more in line with Stuart and Panzer 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90
unknown 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak