Login

russian armor

site saving draft

7 Jul 2016, 18:23 PM
Donator 11

heija,

just wrote a long text, wanted to post it, log in again, text gone. the site saving your draft would make everything much easier.
7 Jul 2016, 18:34 PM
Donator 11

I don't think it's resonable thing to do. Coh2.org servers already have problems during major events and this would mean that everybody writing a post sends many more requests than before.

Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper if you just wrote your posts in favourite text editor, if your computer/web browser is unstable?

If both are stable there is no issue, you just select everything with ctrl+a and copy it before clicking post button.
7 Jul 2016, 22:00 PM
Donator 11

I don't think it's resonable thing to do. Coh2.org servers already have problems during major events and this would mean that everybody writing a post sends many more requests than before.

Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper if you just wrote your posts in favourite text editor, if your computer/web browser is unstable?

If both are stable there is no issue, you just select everything with ctrl+a and copy it before clicking post button.

i dont think it needs to be serverside, i think you could also have a script clientside writing it onto the cookie or something like that

everything is perfectly stable, but sometimes i and im sure other people too forget to do that. and those rare times when i forget it just suck :)
7 Jul 2016, 22:35 PM
Donator 11

i dont think it needs to be serverside, i think you could also have a script clientside writing it onto the cookie or something like that

everything is perfectly stable, but sometimes i and im sure other people too forget to do that. and those rare times when i forget it just suck :)

If you want it to completely secure you from loosing your posts it must be server side. On the other hand if you just want to lower the probability of loosing post, then yeah, it can be done client side, probably using one of data storing features provided by html5. Cookies are not a good idea since they are limited in size and also increase network usage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★