Login

russian armor

Please review and suggest improvements

5 Jul 2016, 22:29 PM

I would like to know what i could have done better early in game.. I threw it at the end as i dint know what to do..
6 Jul 2016, 01:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will have a writeup for you tomorrow :3
6 Jul 2016, 09:50 AM

Use the UC to chase his sniper away and gain precious time,dont risk to lose it right at the start. After that get 3 IS and 1 HMG out then tech. On this map i would go for engineer - Sniper - AEC(second AEC can work wonders) - AT-gun - tech.

Why no attempt to decap any point on his side ? You dont always have to go for the right side, attack his cutoff occasionally.
Second sniper was too much, especially as it seemed that you couldnt handle two.
Last but not least a general tip against snipers: usually players will play defensively(get 2 grens around the sniper,pak,mortar,...), however this works less well against a mobile army consisting of mainly frontline infantry and light vehicles!
6 Jul 2016, 13:38 PM

yeah i dont go double snipers a lot i love to practice that build though.. dint notice that when targeting squads with double snipers they are not smart they will sometimes aim at the same member wasting time.. i have to indvidually give them orders with 1 sec delay so they dont target same model.. i hd grouped them in single control group and a lot of there shots were wasted coz they targeted same model
7 Jul 2016, 02:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would like to know what i could have done better early in game.. I threw it at the end as i dint know what to do..

So the game starts and you saw he went a sniper, you don't need to get a vickers. You want to have more infantry to push off the sniper, and he's not going to have enough infantry for you to need an mg. This really fucked you when you teched up and got a sniper. You just don't have enough squads to send out capping, should have got an engineer unit and sent him to the east. For the first 8 minutes of the match neither you nor your opponent even tried to cap the East. What a waste. You can send one squad and grab all of that. Throughout the whole match you never even tried to take the East. He never had it defended.

Losing the bren was bad, just avoid the grens with it. It's got shit accuracy when it's moving, so you will have to get lucky chasing the sniper like that. Just use it to keep pushing his squads around from long range. At this point you bought another sniper. Bro. You need infantry, stop getting support units. Get engineers so you can cap. Once the AEC comes out you still didn't have engineers, so it just got fausted and sat there not doing anything.

Push his cut off. It would have been so simple, he never had any units in the East. Please man, you need to use your infantry. Another vickers... why? You don't need 4 support units and only 2 squads of real infantry. This is why your opponent won, because he actually had the infantry to cap stuff. Then you got a mortar pit.... You could have teched up and got a cromwell long before he had any tanks.

In the end by the time your crocodile came out you had 600 manpower and 400 fuel float. One crocodile is good, 2 cromwells 5 minutes ago is better. It got surrounded by the other guy's tanks and killed, that's how it goes. The guy guy teched up and had infantry, that is why he won.

Random tips:
Don't get so many support weapons.
Send a cheap squad to cap the other side of the map.
Get Royal engineers early, they are amazing. You can use them to cap, too.
Try not to retreat your snipers so early. Only when they are in real danger.
Try to take the opponents cutoff so he loses all of his income.
Replace your infantry squads when you lose them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 644
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %