Login

russian armor

17 Pounder Arc of Fire

Should Relic make the arc of fire of the 17 Pounder visible?
Option Distribution Votes
83%
18%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Jul 2016, 13:02 PM

Hello COH2.ORG

As the title suggestes i am creating this topic to discuss with you a simple problem and or issue the 17 pounder has,the arc of fire.

we cant see it nor we know how large it is,we cant place the 17 pounder knowing when to worry about it and when not to,we dont know when it will engage enemy vehicles and or Infantry.

Both the guy with the 17 pounder and the Guy facing it have this one problem i really want to see fixed.

Make visable the arc of fire of the 17 Pounder,thats it,no stat change or anything,just this simple information.
4 Jul 2016, 13:17 PM

But it does need stats change

The monstrous 20 popcap
4 Jul 2016, 13:41 PM

But it does need stats change

The monstrous 20 popcap

Another Issue for another time :)
4 Jul 2016, 14:19 PM

Another Issue for another time :)

another issue for another year (in relic case)
4 Jul 2016, 15:12 PM

There are people who use that thing? A tank has less pop cap, A TANK.
4 Jul 2016, 15:27 PM

This is the problem that most emplacement based at weapons have. At least 17 pounder has brace, unlike pak43 that dies to one nade lol. 20 pop cap is just absurd..
4 Jul 2016, 15:47 PM

population sure is an issue but still we cant demand a fix for it when the AT gun doesnt have a visible arc of fire so you can position it like other AT guns.

And besides its something i havent seen people mention.
4 Jul 2016, 17:36 PM

It costs 70 fuel, nobody is ever going to use it, regardless of popcap.
4 Jul 2016, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2016, 17:36 PMDomine
It costs 70 fuel, nobody is ever going to use it, regardless of popcap.

A popcap decrease of5-7 would make it viable IMO. A good AT gun with great survivability is worth 70 fuel. 20 popcap however, is not.
4 Jul 2016, 23:35 PM

Now that you mention the fuel price... That too, I prefer a Puma or an AEC for that price, and besides, what's the point when I can wait for 40 more fuel for a Cromwell? Just not worth it atm.
5 Jul 2016, 02:29 AM

This is the problem that most emplacement based at weapons have. At least 17 pounder has brace, unlike pak43 that dies to one nade lol. 20 pop cap is just absurd..
. Well Pak 43 can shoot thru buildings and still do full damage 17pounder can't so place it behind shot blockers
5 Jul 2016, 02:33 AM

17pounder currently is a last resort surprise strike.. u lure late game heavy tanks to its position and stun them with tulips or aec thread buster.. after u score a kill forget about 17pounder it will die don't bother saving it
9 Jul 2016, 16:57 PM

the 17 Pounder apart from the population cap really needs to have ATLEAST a visable arc of fire.

i believe the population cap really needs to be addressed BUT this thread is not about it,if more people could use it they could understand the point i am trying to make.
9 Jul 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I agree with your preposition.

I think a possible issue people have is that starting this thread is like giving an analysis of the problems with Hitler's oral hygiene. It may be an issue for the 17pder, but it's far from its worst concern.
9 Jul 2016, 18:18 PM

9 Jul 2016, 20:15 PM

In that case, the targeting should be removed. Right now it automatically turns to engage units in range, which makes it much more of a "place and forget" weapon. If that were the case, sure, make it visible.

A popcap reduction could be fine as well, but unless it becomes more vulnerable to infantry the fuel cost should stay. If it is immune to one type of unit, it should have some cost attached to it.
10 Jul 2016, 16:54 PM

In that case, the targeting should be removed. Right now it automatically turns to engage units in range, which makes it much more of a "place and forget" weapon. If that were the case, sure, make it visible.

A popcap reduction could be fine as well, but unless it becomes more vulnerable to infantry the fuel cost should stay. If it is immune to one type of unit, it should have some cost attached to it.

I am sorry but when was the last time you used the 17 pounder?
cause from your opinion i see a guy that barely touched it and came to a conclusion.

It tracks tanks and or targets but needs to setup itself,i cant count the times the gun wont pick a target and you need to order it to look the target so it can fire on it just like the rest of the AT guns,this creates an awkward situation that makes the 17 pounder unreliable to use in cases it supposed to dominate(aka Shooting Big Freaking Tanks)

As for the population cap i stand that it should have ATLEAST 16 population but it would be more like 12 or 14 but the thing i cant understand is your logic that the 17 pounder is more "durable" against infantry,something any British player knows this to be false,the gun is weak against infantry and AT guns something many infantry type units are not so i dont get it,you want the gun to die in seconds just to a lone infantry squad? If so make a thread about it cause this is not the thread about it.
10 Jul 2016, 17:58 PM

I am sorry but when was the last time you used the 17 pounder?
cause from your opinion i see a guy that barely touched it and came to a conclusion.

[...]

As for the population cap i stand that it should have ATLEAST 16 population but it would be more like 12 or 14 but the thing i cant understand is your logic that the 17 pounder is more "durable" against infantry,something any British player knows this to be false,the gun is weak against infantry and AT guns something many infantry type units are not so i dont get it,you want the gun to die in seconds just to a lone infantry squad? If so make a thread about it cause this is not the thread about it.

The projection is strong with this one.

I never argued against the pop-cap reduction by the way, honing your reading skills would have proven to be helpful here. And yes, I want it to become vulnerable to infantry in the same sense (but not to the same extent) that the PaK 43 is vulnerable to infantry. It's either that or the high fuel cost. And no, the "phasing rounds" of the PaK 43 are not an argument here, because the PaK 43 already is significantly more vulnerable to everything, has the smaller arc of fire (even if the 17lbs's arc is invisible), and can be recrewed by the enemy for maximum lulz.
10 Jul 2016, 19:02 PM

The projection is strong with this one.

I never argued against the pop-cap reduction by the way, honing your reading skills would have proven to be helpful here. And yes, I want it to become vulnerable to infantry in the same sense (but not to the same extent) that the PaK 43 is vulnerable to infantry. It's either that or the high fuel cost. And no, the "phasing rounds" of the PaK 43 are not an argument here, because the PaK 43 already is significantly more vulnerable to everything, has the smaller arc of fire (even if the 17lbs's arc is invisible), and can be recrewed by the enemy for maximum lulz.

It seems someone else needs to hone his reading skills.

Look below my replay to you before

"I am sorry but when was the last time you used the 17 pounder?

It tracks tanks and or targets but needs to setup itself,i cant count the times the gun wont pick a target and you need to order it to look the target so it can fire on it just like the rest of the AT guns,this creates an awkward situation that makes the 17 pounder unreliable to use in cases it supposed to dominate(aka Shooting Big Freaking Tanks)

As for the population cap i stand that it should have ATLEAST 16 population but it would be more like 12 or 14 but the thing i cant understand is your logic that the 17 pounder is more "durable" against infantry,something any British player knows this to be false,the gun is weak against infantry and AT guns something many infantry type units are not so i dont get it,you want the gun to die in seconds just to a lone infantry squad? If so make a thread about it cause this is not the thread about it."

I attacked your knowledge of the gun as pointed with RED in responce to what you said in your original replay
"In that case, the targeting should be removed. Right now it automatically turns to engage units in range, which makes it much more of a "place and forget" weapon. If that were the case, sure, make it visible. "
With the population cap as said before this is not the thread about it but i made my stance clear as pointed with Blue,i didnt attack or offend you and it seems we agreed so i dont get it how did i argued against it?.
My Replay
"As for the population cap i stand that it should have ATLEAST 16 population but it would be more like 12 or 14"
Your Original Post about Pop
"A popcap reduction could be fine as well, ...."

But your stance on infatry and your proposed changes as well as some bold claims about the arc of fire(something we cant see ingame to compare and i am trying with this thread to make possible),sure i disargee alot but this is not the thread and i replayed to you to make a thread about it with black
"but the thing i cant understand is your logic that the 17 pounder is more "durable" against infantry,something any British player knows this to be false,the gun is weak against infantry and AT guns something many infantry type units are not so i dont get it,you want the gun to die in seconds just to a lone infantry squad? If so make a thread about it cause this is not the thread about it."

If you derail the thread more i kindly and politely ask you to stop and make a thread to state your beliefs on the matter cause this thread is not about it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 17
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %