Login

russian armor

Centaur Build

3 Jul 2016, 23:38 PM

Any suggestions for a build (+commander) surrounding an early Centaur?
I am guessing it will involve Sappers with Piats for AT and repairs. Looking for any inspiration :).
4 Jul 2016, 06:30 AM

Any suggestions for a build (+commander) surrounding an early Centaur?
I am guessing it will involve Sappers with Piats for AT and repairs. Looking for any inspiration :).

Centaur is more counterbuild unit, it is not unit you rush every unit in every sytuation.

You often go the normal build - 3 IS 1 mg, into tier2 sniper, at gun and 1-2 sappers.

Mid game you have to hold with mines, sniper crippling shot and at gun against light vehicles (222 or luchs) or you go special weapons and get one IS with snare so you will have easier day. I don´t preffer AC becuase it have zero AI capability (little bit better puma at AI) compared to luchs and all it does it counters light tanks, it is useless against mediums.

And here is where are build centaur, as a counterunit to OKW light tank (luchs) because he sacrifice much fuel for luchs and so he cannot get p4 (cantaur counter) at time on field. And with cantaur you gain ground you lost when luchs hit the field, so you negate his light vehicle play and also get good tank that can scale into lategame as crazy wiper (vet 1 ability wipe squads) and cut off/ fuel holder. But I think you´ll need comet to hold off enemy armor

Against Ostheer is is good if he went stug e spam into tiger, when you know he wont get p4, you can outplay at guns.

Hope I helped you

4 Jul 2016, 13:58 PM

Thanks for your reply Hector! What you say makes sense for standard play, but I was wondering what kind of build would be best if I want to rush Centaur first. I am also asking from a 2 vs 2 perspective, which I should have mentioned before. Use the Centaur as hard AI counter and bait enemy P4s into Piat, AT traps.
4 Jul 2016, 15:56 PM

Thanks for your reply Hector! What you say makes sense for standard play, but I was wondering what kind of build would be best if I want to rush Centaur first. I am also asking from a 2 vs 2 perspective, which I should have mentioned before. Use the Centaur as hard AI counter and bait enemy P4s into Piat, AT traps.

Yes this can also work. If he goes infantry heavy it can do the job. Just rember to tell your opponent youre ruhing it so he can get suckha or jacson on field to counter enemy panzers. Also get some hgm to counter shreck blobs .No more shrecks blobs exist ;). It a big buff to centaur
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★