Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry Commander

17 Jul 2013, 14:15 PM

I propose a rather simple change to this commander. Instead of placing the Ambush Camouflage at 1 CP and G43s at 2 CP, swap them.

The reason G43s should come first are two:

1) It's difficult for Grens to hold their own until 2 CPs when you would normally purchase the LMG 42 upgrade before then. The cost and effectiveness doesn't necessarily warrant a 2 CP delay. It's a great upgrade, but having them earlier could really help the early game for this particular doctrine. Instead I find myself forgoing the LMG 42s in favor of the belated G43s and suffering for it.

2) Ambush Camouflage is better once your Grens actually have an upgraded weapon, and in this case, a G43 package. It doesn't quite make sense to place Camo in front of G43s.

Conclusion: G43 package isn't necessarily better than LMG 42 upgrade, but comes quite a bit later. The two weapons have different strengths, and having to hold out for 2 CP to get your troops equipped with a competent weapon is too long. Also, Camouflage is more useful once a weapon is equipped to a squad, so having it come first isn't wholly useful.
17 Jul 2013, 15:02 PM

Camo is better on pgrens then normal on grens. The idea, at least in theory, is you use the camo to hide your pgrens in cover so enemy's engage them at a closer range as well as the slight buff you get.(pgrens have a range of 30 while cons has a range of 35) While also making them harder to be picked off by sinpers.

While g43's do tend to come a bit later then you would like with a gren heavy start I don't think having camo and g43's switched in cp value makes sense particularly because camo is debatably not worth it at 1 cp to begin with.
17 Jul 2013, 15:23 PM

You can also put camo on your mg, making it nasty to flank. You can even switch to incendiary ammo (vet1) while camouflaged without decloaking.

Just something to consider. Overall, I think some of the first abilities of the German commanders come too late. The Riegel AT mine for example often gets unlocked after your first HT already got destroyed.
I'm not sure if the G43 is in the same place...
18 Jul 2013, 00:14 AM

You can also put camo on your mg, making it nasty to flank. You can even switch to incendiary ammo (vet1) while camouflaged without decloaking.

Just something to consider. Overall, I think some of the first abilities of the German commanders come too late. The Riegel AT mine for example often gets unlocked after your first HT already got destroyed.
I'm not sure if the G43 is in the same place...

The camo'd MG is indeed hilarious when executed correctly, if quite a bit situational. I posted this in another thread, but I never pick Jaeger Infantry because simply put it's too muni heavy in an already muni heavy faction. Every single ability costs munitions.

My suggestion for G43 to make it attractive would be that once G43 is unlocked in the doctrine, it becomes a globally researchable thing at the HQ for all grenadiers that costs MP and fuel (think bars). At 2 CP that's enough that it should be competitive without coming too early, and it's far easier to justify the cost.

EDIT: To clarify, G43s don't pack enough punch to warrant both their cost and their impact. Furthermore they lock you into doctrines that aren't particularly useful. All munitions based doctrine means every ability is at the cost of using every other ability. I'd rather stick with LMG42 for the 60 munis and pick another doctrine.
18 Jul 2013, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 00:14 AMShazz

The camo'd MG is indeed hilarious when executed correctly, if quite a bit situational. I posted this in another thread, but I never pick Jaeger Infantry because simply put it's too muni heavy in an already muni heavy faction. Every single ability costs munitions.

My suggestion for G43 to make it attractive would be that once G43 is unlocked in the doctrine, it becomes a globally researchable thing at the HQ for all grenadiers that costs MP and fuel (think bars). At 2 CP that's enough that it should be competitive without coming too early, and it's far easier to justify the cost.

EDIT: To clarify, G43s don't pack enough punch to warrant both their cost and their impact. Furthermore they lock you into doctrines that aren't particularly useful. All munitions based doctrine means every ability is at the cost of using every other ability. I'd rather stick with LMG42 for the 60 munis and pick another doctrine.

That's definitely an intriguing suggestion, and quite frankly, I love it. So what would the upgrade cost be? 150 mp 30 fuel? Bars were 200 mp 60 fuel, but bars were just downright amazing. G43s aren't bad, but not 200 mp 60 fuel good.

Still, though, it probably seems more likely Relic would consider a CP swap. Given that, perhaps a muni decrease to 40 might work well.
18 Jul 2013, 02:50 AM

umm vetted G43 grens snipe infantry like crazy I dunno if it needs a buff :/
18 Jul 2013, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 02:50 AMS73v0
umm vetted G43 grens snipe infantry like crazy I dunno if it needs a buff :/

It is an accurate sniper rifle after all, make sense
18 Jul 2013, 14:35 PM

At the very least, and what seems most likely, I'd like to see G43s reduced to 1 CP. Possibly have both Camo and G43 1 CP.
18 Jul 2013, 15:04 PM

While I love G-43s and am also partial to using the doctrine to soft counter snipers with fast infantry movement on p-grens, I agree with Shazz that the overall munitions costs make it quite problematic to use.
18 Jul 2013, 15:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Meanwhile the Russians only need to spend 20 munitions to get PPSH's per squad. Which is never an issue since you always float munis as sovjets
18 Jul 2013, 16:49 PM

Meanwhile the Russians only need to spend 20 munitions to get PPSH's per squad. Which is never an issue since you always float munis as sovjets

I never float munitions as russkie, and 20 munition come with 2 ppsh instead of 6.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★