Login

russian armor

Gameplay/mechanic ideas

2 Jul 2016, 06:12 AM

Few ideas:

1. Auto-toggle ON retreat points after upgrade (OKW, UKF). Sometimes, you buying RP upgrade and forgeting about it (it goes pretty long), cos you need to control units on frontline or whatever else. And when it ends - you just forgeting to make it ON and your units run to base, instead of new retreat point. It's not critical, but sometimes may annoy hard. Would be great to make retreat points automatically ON after getting them, like in DoW 2 with Retreat beacons of Space marine.

2. Building mechanics. Of course, Lazics are too lazy for to do it, but those ideas still may be discussed. I remember, that in CoH 1, in pre-game interviews, devs said, that in game would be possible to clear out buildings with some kind of "storm-squads" (guess, it's squads with SMGs or such kind of close combat weapon), which rush in building and fight inside with enemy. How do you think, would it be real to make such mechanic (CQC-fights inside of buildings), and do we need such thing in CoH 2? It would make such squads like stoormtroopers or assgrens more valuable, give them new role and new purpouse of existance :D

3. One more building mechanic. Why not to allow to infantry units to use their abilities (active and maybe passive) in buildings? I mean, that would be cool to have ability to throw grenades from buildings or put Officier unit inside and use commander ability for surround infantry - it turns in mini-FHQ. Anyway, I think it would be great to have such mechanics, how do you think?

That's all, folks! What do you think about all of that?

2 Jul 2016, 06:40 AM

How unexpected. Yeah, I think they are all bad ideas.
2 Jul 2016, 09:43 AM

When garrisoned buildings the top should go invisible and there should be cover and Windows, basically like your microing troops normally but they are in a building.
2 Jul 2016, 21:41 PM

Imperial Glory, a Napoleonic era RTS, had melee fighting in buildings. Regiments could occupy a building much as they do in CoH2; if the enemy sent a unit to attack that building in melee, the attackers would charge in and the fighting would begin. Neither side had any control over the fighting, nor could they order retreats; you just had to wait until the issue resolved itself.

I certainly can see no particularly good reason for abilities being disabled in buildings. In fact I find it very strange you can't throw grenades out of windows.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★