Login

russian armor

Tribal Desert Skin

1 Jul 2016, 05:56 AM

Edit: Both the summer and winter versions of the Tribal Sands skin for Ostheer are now live for using and testing at my Steam Workshop

If you think you'd be interested in seeing this skin added to the curated pathway, I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback. Please let me know if there are any mistakes, or you just think a particular unit needs more work/better colouring.

Just subscribe and fire up a custom match (CheatMod is fastest and easiest) to have a look. Hit F12 to screenshot any problems you find.

Thanks!

Original post (Most of the screenshots are very outdated):

Hey all,

Just wanted to post some screenshots of some skin painting I've been having fun with.

"The German forces may have been eventually forced out of Africa, but not all of them left Africa completely. Visions of sandy dunes and tribal natives clung to many of their minds.

Although, some just really liked chocolate and licorice swirls."

A bold and relatively high contrast skin, aimed at people with 1080p and lower monitors. No reference materials were used in this. It was just me experimenting randomly and seeing what stuck (so any possible similarity to other skins is coincidental).
1 Jul 2016, 08:35 AM

wish these were for ostheer.. really id pay for it. OKW always gets the best skins
1 Jul 2016, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2016, 08:35 AMSmaug
wish these were for ostheer.. really id pay for it. OKW always gets the best skins

Duly noted! Hell, two of them are already ostheer vehicles :) Shouldn't be that hard.

Edit: In fact, the mod maker seems to share those exact assets, so they automatically apply to either faction.
2 Jul 2016, 07:43 AM

So the Tiger is officially my new favourite model to skin.

That said, I haven't tried it in-game yet. If it's anywhere near as broken as the Elefant was, I'm going to be quite the sad panda :(

Ostwind, 222, and Elefant are at the polishing stage.

Edit: Oh cool. Most things have come through almost perfectly. Tigers never let you down :)

Good chance I'm going to tweak (if not outright change) that base brown colour though. That was only a random choice at the beginning. Something lighter would probably be more appropriate.
3 Jul 2016, 19:03 PM

Why do you say the Elefant is "broken"? Yes, the tiger template is easy to work with along with Panzer IV. Jagdtiger and Konigstiger are ok too except for parts along the side that are inverted or switched.
My least favorite template by far is the Stug3.

Nice work on your skin btw. Looks pretty slick. :)
4 Jul 2016, 03:36 AM

Why do you say the Elefant is "broken"? Yes, the tiger template is easy to work with along with Panzer IV. Jagdtiger and Konigstiger are ok too except for parts along the side that are inverted or switched.
My least favorite template by far is the Stug3.

Nice work on your skin btw. Looks pretty slick. :)

Yeah, the Elefant has a lot of inversion in seemingly unnecessary places and the 2D template looks like a complicated mess, so I found correcting it a bit hard at the time. I put it aside to try some other models, so I'll go back to it afterwards. Chances are I'll just have to leave some areas unpainted to get around it, much like how I often exclude 'attached items' on vehicles because they repeat around the vehicle.

I did the Stug III yesterday, so I totally know what you mean there. Not looking forward to seeing how that one turns out in-game.
4 Jul 2016, 04:06 AM

10 Jul 2016, 03:34 AM

Getting close to a final product now!

Still need to do the puma, and the Blitz truck and Elefant still need some serious correcting as well, but otherwise I'm quite happy with how things are shaping up.

I am a bit sick of looking at them though :p Modding is hard work! Who knew?
m00
10 Jul 2016, 05:30 AM
Donator 11

They look awesome! Would buy!
10 Jul 2016, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2016, 05:30 AMm00

Very glad to hear it :) I've been slaving over them for so long that it's hard to see them as anything other than a source of intense frustration by now.
10 Jul 2016, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2016, 05:30 AMm00

Indeed, ostheers don't have cool skins and I could buy those
10 Jul 2016, 09:47 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Neat, Cyanara! :thumb:
10 Jul 2016, 10:46 AM

12 Jul 2016, 12:34 PM

The summer version of the Tribal Sands skin is now live for checking out and testing at my Steam Workshop

If you think you'd be interested in seeing this skin added to the curated pathway, I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback, particularly for any mistakes that I've missed.

Just subscribe and fire up the old CheatMod :) Hit F12 to screenshot anything you find.

Thanks!

12 Jul 2016, 12:50 PM

holy moly. Any chance they will make it to ingame? i mean for use in multiplayer
13 Jul 2016, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2016, 12:50 PMSmaug
holy moly. Any chance they will make it to ingame? i mean for use in multiplayer

So far Relic have only accepted competition winners into the store, but the wiki does say they expect to review all top-rated submissions about once a month. I just want to have some people review the skins in custom games for any errors or problems before I submit it to the curated queue. 50 subscriptions overnight already, though! Isn't that the entire COH2 playerbase? :p

I have to do a shoutout to Janne252 here, because his preview generator makes the skins look so damn sexy! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★