Login

russian armor

Sighting for mortar/howi accuracy

30 Jun 2016, 09:43 AM

So indirect fire will be more accurate with sighting, but what counts as sighting? If I for example use the recon run ability with Wehr Joint Operations commander and click fire with howitzer when I see the target, and the gun might have to be turned before firing the shells, will I get the better accuracy regardless of the target being shrouded in FOW while firing?
30 Jun 2016, 09:55 AM

Good question. I think if you have line of sight of the area during the time the shell is being fired, that individual shell will be accurate.
30 Jun 2016, 10:10 AM

In most cases there is a %25 scatter penalty, if your target is in FOW while the projectiles land.
30 Jun 2016, 10:29 AM

"sighting" work as FOW modifier. your weapon gets a (negative) modifier if it's firing into FOW.

For a Slow firing barrage, you will need to maintain Sight on the target for each individual shell.
30 Jun 2016, 11:47 AM

"sighting" work as FOW modifier. your weapon gets a (negative) modifier if it's firing into FOW.

For a Slow firing barrage, you will need to maintain Sight on the target for each individual shell.

Ok, I won't bother spending ammo to sight for any indirect fire anymore then, except for stuka bomb.
30 Jun 2016, 20:44 PM

Ok, I won't bother spending ammo to sight for any indirect fire anymore then, except for stuka bomb.

the panzerwerfer and stuka probably fire faster enough to avoid the fow penalty.

you can probably get 1 or 2 "sighted" howitzer shell before the fow return
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS