Login

russian armor

Competitive Gaming (eSports)

22 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM

Well, let see why some games are considered to be competitiv with a big community.
I know very well SC2 to be a competitiv player who stream tourney:
- It's a fun game ( so big member of players)
- No performance issue and optimized( a lot of players can play the game), no latency ( to be competitiv)
- Balanced ( even if it's pretty hard, some change are done every month to make the metagame different, so the game never end)/ anti cheat system
- Challenged game (prize pool, lot of tourney but keep in mind, more the community is high, higher is the prize pool).

A lot of things here can be done for COH2.

COH2 was not designed to be on the "eSport", they not target the same customer (xp earning even if you lose battle, those dlc doctrine and buff units, no leaderboard...).

I think everyone will be agree with me taht COH2 have to do a lot of stuff if they want make this game at the eSport level.

I really loved COH1 who is for me one of the best game ever so far.
Relic / Sega should really keep what made coh 1 so fun and improve it to be on eSport instead of removing stuff and adding some bad concept (specially dlc doctrine)
22 Jul 2013, 12:43 PM

Permanently Banned
CoH2 is not competetive at this point in time for five reasons:

1) Faction balance has not yet been achieved.
2) Maps need honing.
3) There is no comprehensive leaderboard.
4) There are unintended bugs/stats ingame.
5) The game is too new to have consolidated its player base.

Most of these can, and hopefully will be, rectified.

Nonetheless, the game format is such that it will never achieve SC2/LoL grade competitiveness, but we can hope for, and build, a coherent and sizeable internal tournament circuit.
22 Jul 2013, 12:44 PM
Benefactor 115

could people actually read the OP before posting please. thanks
22 Jul 2013, 13:01 PM

Permanently Banned
What do you consider to be competitive gaming?
- Player vs Player on equal, balanced ground towards mutual goals at the expense of the other.

What games have you considered to have played competitively?
-DoW2, CoH1, SoaSE, various FPS and Chess. Also WaR, WoW, WoT DotA/2 and GW2.

How involved did you get?
- I never entered proper competetive arena, except for WaR. Generally, Im just not good enough.

How was your performance in these games?
-Mediocre. Im a better strategist/critique than I am a player.

For games you don't play do you watch any vods or streams?
-No, except to inform myself of whether Id like to buy it.

If so which games?
-Various games, the last of which was ZMod for Arma II, which I bought and played, as well as WarZ, which I vought and regretted due to Devs being shitholes.

Have you ever been to an offline or in person competitive event?
-Offline in Lan parties, online in informal community arranged warband combat in WaR.

What do you believe makes a game competitive? 
-Good balance, fast client reaction interface, diversity in valid strategies.

Have you produced any content or organised any competitive events for any games?
- No, except in WaR where I was involved in orchestrating and leading multiguild, several hundred person/guild assaults.

If not are you interested?
-If there is something I can help arrange, Im am open to inquiries for assistance.

Who do you believe is instrumental in building a strong competitive community? 
-Functional, informed and moderated player community/forum hub. Good casters are essential. An intermix of blatant hate, competitiveness and sportsman like decorum with respect for opponents, giving credit where its due.
22 Jul 2013, 13:31 PM

What do you consider to be competitive gaming?

a challenged game support by a big community and the company with some interesting events (show match etc..)

What games have you considered to have played competitively? How involved did you get? How was your performance in these games?

SC2 top master on USA server and high master on europ server. I get involved by engineering friends school. I like the competition

For games you don't play do you watch any vods or streams? If so which games?

Not really, if i discover a good game by stream, of course i will manage to play it.

Have you ever been to an offline or in person competitive event?

Only virtual competitive personn, never in personn for video games (but in personn on Karate tourney ^^)

What do you believe makes a game competitive?

- No performance issue and optimized( a lot of players can play the game), no latency ( to be competitiv)
- Balanced ( even if it's pretty hard, some change are done every month to make the metagame different, so the game never end)
- Anti cheat system
- Challenged game (prize pool, lot of tourney but keep in mind, more the community is high, higher is the prize pool).
- Big community of players and full support of the company

Have you produced any content or organised any competitive events for any games? If not are you interested?

Only intra-clan tourney for SC2 but nothing more. I can be interested.

Who do you believe is instrumental in building a strong competitive community?

some key words: company support / sponsor / marketing / stream
22 Jul 2013, 21:20 PM

CoH2 Scene is growing slowly, i mean we have ROOT Gaming Slush streaming CoH2 occasionally, we do have tournaments coming up, we have (AMAZING!) casters and i just got my position confirmed that im staying in the Crave organisation, playing for them in their CoH2 division, giving me financial support for upcoming offline events in the far future. We need leaderboards & being able to spectate games live, that will bring in new people.

We have dedicated stream viewers, that are engaged in the community and the streaming personas, & we have the drama. What we dont have is the platform functionalities that Relic needs to give us.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Germany 827
Russian Federation 32
Netherlands 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L