Login

russian armor

Infantry and tanks

17 Jul 2013, 01:07 AM

More than single balance-issues I dislike the whole infantry/tank battle now.

Especially the faust/at-nade vs tanks needs to be changed. As it is now you get a 100% hit, sometimes from magical lenghts, do no damage, but automatically cause engine dmg.

I propose that the faust/at nade do good dmg vs light vehicles and tanks (t70 and ostwind and the artypieces etc), some dmg vs medium tanks and rather not at all dmg vs heavy tanks (like now). A t70 needs to die from 3 fausts. (getting fausted 3 times meant you rushed it alone to enemy horde anyway).((For example you lose a game if the first t70 manages to get behinfd your at gun - you cant kill the tank with infantry (even if you managed to get a shreck-squad + pak, the t70 will jsut kill all..) and then thres the attack move on paks so that you cant even reman the pak later cause its blown up. And so great gg again with just 1 move.))

Then I propose the atnade/faust do engine dmg automatically only to the ligth vehicles - sc/ht:s, almost always do ngine dmg vs light tanks (like 90%), rather less do engine dmg vs medium tanks (33% or smt) and almost no change to do engine dmg vs a heavy tank. Of course if it can be incorporated where the hit came from and how much health the tank had and then the likelyhood for engine dmg would be smaller or greater - full health tiger no chance for engine dmg, but low health tiger and flanking at nade = engine dmg/ engine destroyed.

The lenght of at nade is now too far / or the frontal penetration of at nades needs to be lowered, id rather have the latter if possible. Now u can just hooray directly toward a fucking big tank, throw an at nade at the frontal 1meter thich metal armor and 100% engine dmg. What a letdown.

Also light tanks need to lose ability to crush infantry. its stupid (t70). The ramtank is discussed elsewhere, then each tank has some problems almost and a topic.

Now its just not giving a good feeling in general that rushing early tech clown cars, flamerhts, t70s or ramtanks will win you the game in a single swoop as they have limited counters by that time, especially if you didnt do that well early game, while getting a big mean heavy tank later at the game doesnt have at all the same impact.
17 Jul 2013, 15:40 PM

I agree. tanks are too badly crippled by AT nades and fausts. it should be a chance to damage engine only.
17 Jul 2013, 15:45 PM

17 Jul 2013, 15:55 PM

disagreed, imo system works just fine now and the meta hasnt developed that much for such immediate changes, there are more issues that need attending and some more important stuff need tweaking (strafing run etc)
so wait till the game evolves a bit ,and btw at nades/faust work same as sticky nade in vCoH , so dunno why a working system should be changed
17 Jul 2013, 21:41 PM

I just saw yesterday my faust hit but not damage the engine of a m3 scout car!! Before I thought it was only a rumor!
17 Jul 2013, 23:28 PM

+1 to mags

plus they should do more to reduce the 90% games on p4s vs su85s

my recommendation is =

lower p4 damage to 120 (rest leave it as is... Maybe lower a bit movement speed)

and increase su-85 main gun reload by 2 seconds (because it has insane range and sight)
and lower zis-3 reload by 1.5 seconds and give it lower penetration
17 Jul 2013, 23:39 PM

I just saw yesterday my faust hit but not damage the engine of a m3 scout car!! Before I thought it was only a rumor!

Happened to my brother twice in a game against me. He was not pleased.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★