Login

russian armor

AT Grenades tweak

16 Jul 2013, 05:52 AM

Considering 95% of Soviet players will build conscripts and most will get AT Nades, is it really fair to the Ostheer players that the AT nade damages the engine of the tank, 100% of the time?

To balance this, I think the AT nade should have a CHANCE to damage the engine. to compensate for this being a chance, the damage could be increased as well.

Another way to tackle this would be to simply reduce the range like they did to the faust. IMO tanks should be able to kite conscripts more easily.

Why should a tiger tank fear a conscript squad? it's silly.

thoughts? does the AT nade need some change(s) or is it good as is?
16 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM

I believe the faust and AT grenade have identical range. Also the AT grenade has a cost to research where as the faust comes as default for the Grenadiers. If your Tiger gets a damaged engine from conscripts you have got it closer than it needed to be to kill them (easier said than done during a battle ..). If you remove the damage engine critical from both the AT grenade and then surely you would need to do the same with the faust (although it seems bugged vs rear armor of M3 scout cars currently), this would then leave both abilities not being much use against anything apart from light vehicles.

I think both are fine as they are currently.
16 Jul 2013, 09:48 AM

I think Relic should just fix the range of those guns. I mean. When I order my men to shoot an AT nade or a Faust, even if the enemy tank is far from my squad, they launch their attack anyway. I saw AT nades fly for meters and destroy that engine. Probably those weapons should have a closer and realistic range... especially AT nades.
VRL
16 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM

I believe the faust and AT grenade have identical range. Also the AT grenade has a cost to research where as the faust comes as default for the Grenadiers. If your Tiger gets a damaged engine from conscripts you have got it closer than it needed to be to kill them (easier said than done during a battle ..). If you remove the damage engine critical from both the AT grenade and then surely you would need to do the same with the faust (although it seems bugged vs rear armor of M3 scout cars currently), this would then leave both abilities not being much use against anything apart from light vehicles.

I think both are fine as they are currently.

This. If you removed the engine critical component, tanks would kite more easily - and there would be more ammo for whine about su-85s.

AT Grenades/fausts are fine.

16 Jul 2013, 11:38 AM

I also think they are fine as is BUT:

You should be able to micro out of them. They currently have a missile lock system. It should be once you move out of a certain range (further than cast range but below a certain threshold) it should cancel and the at nade/faust doesnt get fired.

This will make it possible if you drive away fast enough that it will not throw the nade 100000km's far.
16 Jul 2013, 18:18 PM

I think the "missile lock" feature being fixed would be a good compromise.
16 Jul 2013, 18:23 PM

I would like to point out that German Fausts comes for free on gren squads, Soviet AT nade needs to be researched for 125 mp and 25 fuel.

Same cost, same range, same damage, same engine crits. yet german one are for free, if you want to complain about anything complain about that.
16 Jul 2013, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 18:23 PMCrells
I would like to point out that German Fausts comes for free on gren squads, Soviet AT nade needs to be researched for 125 mp and 25 fuel.

Same cost, same range, same damage, same engine crits. yet german one are for free, if you want to complain about anything complain about that.

I think at nades and fausts are balanced, remember fausts cost more to use if im not mistaken.

Anyways, it's the microeing out of them that poses a problem imho.
16 Jul 2013, 22:37 PM

Agreed, only issue is in not being able to micro out of them.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing heavy tanks such as tiger, is2, etc be resistant to them, at least until falling below a certain amount of health.
17 Jul 2013, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 18:23 PMCrells

You are forgetting few important things,
Soviet vehicle 1-1:30 min of game.
German vehicle 4-5 min of game.

Conscript ability: Ooorah! which makes getting close to the vehicle alot easier.

Only Relic postRelic 17 Jul 2013, 03:31 AM

I think Relic should just fix the range of those guns. I mean. When I order my men to shoot an AT nade or a Faust, even if the enemy tank is far from my squad, they launch their attack anyway. I saw AT nades fly for meters and destroy that engine. Probably those weapons should have a closer and realistic range... especially AT nades.

Once the enemy player activates the ability (In range of the target) the squad will throw the grenade/panzerfaust, so unless there is a shot blocker between you and the enemy, it will hit you and damage your engine. We made it so that players wouldn't miss the opportunity of firing their weapon just because of animation delays.
17 Jul 2013, 07:34 AM

Once the enemy player activates the ability (In range of the target) the squad will throw the grenade/panzerfaust, so unless there is a shot blocker between you and the enemy, it will hit you and damage your engine. We made it so that players wouldn't miss the opportunity of firing their weapon just because of animation delays.

I like the rationale behind that, however i think frustrating situations sometimes come as result of it.

To illustrate: I am driving my 222 at full speed on a road past a script squad. It barely touches the casting range and the animation starts. By the time the at nade is thrown, i am already around the corner of the bushes/house/trees/hedge and it still hits me. This shouldn't happen imo.

Maybe make the animation shorter or I don't know what, but it shouldn't be a missile lock 100% chance to hit once the animation starts. Maybe decrease its chance linearly to the range it is fired/thrown or make it so that it doesn't complete the animation if you are too far away/around a corner.

I realise that fausts and at nades are a players only option early game and without them a player will be screwed but a good player should be able to somehow micro out of them. Scripts having hurrah for a measly 5 munitions makes it even harder for german players.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★