Login

russian armor

Need advice

19 Jun 2016, 12:47 PM

I am experimenting with soviet snipers since ages and I would like a few tips from players and or strategist on how to use them the most effective.

Thus far I have used them in combination with guard motor. I open with a sniper then one or two cons and go into double guards and then double heavy mortor and eventually into either su85 or double t34/85 lol.

Anyways, I have concluded that early soviet sniper play vs Ostheer players that don´t get a sniper of themselves to be very effective and can win you the game within a minute or 10. I have found putting them in buildings will let them win vs grenadiers and pioneers, even if these charge the building and hug its corners. But I have not yet faced a very potent player. So my question is: "how best to use the soviet sniper vs a good player?".

Any tips? Any things I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

oh edit, my rank is 463 at the moment :)
19 Jun 2016, 13:16 PM

What i do is get a con then sniper then 3 more cons for that AT nade.Get at nades after you built your 4th con squad. Can really wreck OST on long maps not Crossing but like Langres or Kharkov.

Don't back tech to T2 unless you have shit ton of MP but no fuel. Then again you could just get guards instead of an AT gun.
19 Jun 2016, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 13:16 PMEarth
What i do is get a con then sniper then 3 more cons for that AT nade.Get at nades after you built your 4th con squad. Can really wreck OST on long maps not Crossing but like Langres or Kharkov.

Don't back tech to T2 unless you have shit ton of MP but no fuel. Then again you could just get guards instead of an AT gun.

Oke thanks!
19 Jun 2016, 14:46 PM

I am experimenting with soviet snipers since ages and I would like a few tips from players and or strategist on how to use them the most effective.

Thus far I have used them in combination with guard motor. I open with a sniper then one or two cons and go into double guards and then double heavy mortor and eventually into either su85 or double t34/85 lol.

Anyways, I have concluded that early soviet sniper play vs Ostheer players that don´t get a sniper of themselves to be very effective and can win you the game within a minute or 10. I have found putting them in buildings will let them win vs grenadiers and pioneers, even if these charge the building and hug its corners. But I have not yet faced a very potent player. So my question is: "how best to use the soviet sniper vs a good player?".

Any tips? Any things I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

oh edit, my rank is 463 at the moment :)

Hey cloth,

okey so here is the way i use soviet T1 (not saying it's the best way, but after quite a bit of experimenting this works the best for me)

I would advice not to build it straight away and open with a sniper. The reason being is as allied player, you really have to take advantage of your early game and get as much map control as possible.

The build i suggest is: double con, 2nd engineer squads, let you second engi build T1, get a sniper and if you have room get a M3 after. this way you still get quite a bit of map control with the conscripts and another advantage is that you keep your opponent guessing and not give away the info you're going T1 right away.

After comes the most diffecult part when going for a T1 build, dealing with light armor. Guards motor is a excellent choice for this, 1 guard squad should be able to hold of light armor quite well, you can always get AT nade upgrade if you feel like you need it. Remember this is only a temporary solution to keep you in the game for a bit. you can try going with Tank hunters or Urban defense tactics aswell, however these docterines are diffecult to play.

after this you have 2 options:

If you're low on fuel, get T2 and make a AT gun

If you have enough fuel, get T3 and either make a T70 or SU-76 (whichever you feel comfertable with)

When you survived this part its up to you how to continue and what units to get. I have to say that T1 requires good micro and game reading to make it work, you don't get 2nd chances if you make a mistake here. Keep the sniper alive and make optimal usesage of it.

Goodluck!
19 Jun 2016, 14:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would recommend pretty much never using them versus OKW. The luchs + all of the commanders that can spawn units from buildings just spells death for your snipers.

Some advice for dealing with the Scout Car:
If you get an M3 and stick guards in it, you can 1v1 the scout car at long range. The PTRSs have 100% accuracy against vehicles, so keep the car moving around at long range. Once he's weak you can chase it down and kill it. Make sure you are also putting down mines, and watch your flanks.

19 Jun 2016, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 14:46 PMKryptic

Hey cloth,

okey so here is the way i use soviet T1 (not saying it's the best way, but after quite a bit of experimenting this works the best for me)

I would advice not to build it straight away and open with a sniper. The reason being is as allied player, you really have to take advantage of your early game and get as much map control as possible.

The build i suggest is: double con, 2nd engineer squads, let you second engi build T1, get a sniper and if you have room get a M3 after. this way you still get quite a bit of map control with the conscripts and another advantage is that you keep your opponent guessing and not give away the info you're going T1 right away.

After comes the most diffecult part when going for a T1 build, dealing with light armor. Guards motor is a excellent choice for this, 1 guard squad should be able to hold of light armor quite well, you can always get AT nade upgrade if you feel like you need it. Remember this is only a temporary solution to keep you in the game for a bit. you can try going with Tank hunters or Urban defense tactics aswell, however these docterines are diffecult to play.

after this you have 2 options:

If you're low on fuel, get T2 and make a AT gun

If you have enough fuel, get T3 and either make a T70 or SU-76 (whichever you feel comfertable with)

When you survived this part its up to you how to continue and what units to get. I have to say that T1 requires good micro and game reading to make it work, you don't get 2nd chances if you make a mistake here. Keep the sniper alive and make optimal usesage of it.

Goodluck!

Thank you Kryptic! I will keep these things in mind!
19 Jun 2016, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 14:51 PMTobis
I would recommend pretty much never using them versus OKW. The luchs + all of the commanders that can spawn units from buildings just spells death for your snipers.

Some advice for dealing with the Scout Car:
If you get an M3 and stick guards in it, you can 1v1 the scout car at long range. The PTRSs have 100% accuracy against vehicles, so keep the car moving around at long range. Once he's weak you can chase it down and kill it. Make sure you are also putting down mines, and watch your flanks.

I have found that out the hard way vs OKW lol. I have tried your suggestion with the guards, it works really well! Thank you Tobis!
19 Jun 2016, 21:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge

As Tobis has pointed out I would very rarely use Snipers as Soviets versus OKW.

They can be quite powerful versus Ostheer though. Your Snipers bleed Ostheer more effectively out than OKW since Ostheer has to pay more manpower for one Grenadier model (30 MP) contrary to Volksgrenadier models (22 MP). Grenadiers have 4 man in their squad which means one sniped model reduces their combat efficiency more than it is the case for Volksgrenadier squads. Furthermore Ostheer doesn't have access to strong call in infantry like Jäger and Fallschirmjäger who are definitely better than those Stormtroopers being able to spawn from buildings or access to Panzerfüsilier squads consisting of 6 man who need a long time to be shot down to force them to retreat. 222 or 251 FHT as shock vehicles can be destroyed by Guards/AT nades/mines comfortably. You have to be careful about counter snipes, Mortars or Rifle Grenades from the Fog of War.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★