Login

russian armor

"To the last man!" issues

18 Jun 2016, 09:39 AM

Ok, Penals soon will be soviet main combat troops, while cons will be "utility trash soldiers", ok. But... why only Penals get changed thas useless flaremine to pretty useful in combat TTLM ability, while soviet doctrinal troops (guards and storms), which are your REAL mid-late game infantrypower, must use same combat useless flaremines? Ain't they combat troops too, and even more important troops, cos they cost way more, than any mainline infantry of any faction and more than that - doctrinal!?

I think, it would be really good to change their flaremines to TTLM, and leave flares only for engineers and conscripts, as for support units. That would improve their combat stats and make them more valuable, as frontline soldiers. And will save from pushing over by new Penals.

18 Jun 2016, 09:56 AM

This is an issue with a shit load of units having crappy or copy pasted abilities like the med kit for Ostheer. I don't think giving sov doctrinal troops TTlM is the answer though, it might make them too powerful and more unique abilities would be better.
18 Jun 2016, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 09:56 AMCrumbum
This is an issue with a shit load of units having crappy or copy pasted abilities like the med kit for Ostheer. I don't think giving sov doctrinal troops TTlM is the answer though, it might make them too powerful and more unique abilities would be better.

Not sure that TTlM will make doc troops too powerful. It will make them enough powerful, just as needed.

But... it also might be something specific, not only TTlM, but it also would work fine. It can be anything, but for God sake - no flaremines for hardcore combat units, please! Give "PPSH supressive rush" for Storms, for example, I remember something like that was in soviet campaign. Guards may have something for AT purpouses, for example - short time debuff-PTRS-shot, which makes sight range of vechile way lesser or shuts down main gun by killing/hurting gunner/sightman. AT rifles used not for destroying vechiles, but for killing crews inside with AP rounds, so - it would also add some realism.

Anyway, I guess Relic may find some creative power inside of their mind, like I do, and make something interesting for Vet of soviet doc troops. Something, but not shitty flares!

P.S. Something for tanks, instead of "capture mode" would be also great. That piece of shit, compared with BlitzKrieg or USF "radio network" or whatever else is so miserable...
18 Jun 2016, 14:08 PM

From what I remember, To the Last Man is a unique ability of Guard on beta when Shocks have suppressing fire movement, if anything this is Relic using previously removed content. SU used to have unique stuff like Barbed Wire Field, I don't understand why Relic removed it then.
18 Jun 2016, 14:26 PM
Donator 11

From what I remember, To the Last Man is a unique ability of Guard on beta when Shocks have suppressing fire movement, if anything this is Relic using previously removed content. SU used to have unique stuff like Barbed Wire Field, I don't understand why Relic removed it then.

The barbed wire field caused vehicle pathing problems if i recall. This made it impossible to drive vehicles into it to destroy it for example
18 Jun 2016, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 14:26 PMArray

The barbed wire field caused vehicle pathing problems if i recall. This made it impossible to drive vehicles into it to destroy it for example

Pathing problem is engine issue so Relic's response is to remove it altogether? Even now vehicles can't crush ghost wire either so I hope that new abilities won't cause a whole slew of bugs.
18 Jun 2016, 15:10 PM

The Barbed Wire field also messed up with the retreat path of both friendly and opposing units. It forced infantry to go prone and slow down on retreat, thus slowing the retreat and/or allow the opponent to get easy and free kills. They toyed with the idea of barbed wire fields to be ignored on retreat, but that looked even more silly (e.g. why do units go prone one way, but not the other?). Barbed wire fields was an idea that may looked good on paper, but didn't really get the cut for a fun experience in-game.
18 Jun 2016, 15:58 PM

The Barbed Wire field also messed up with the retreat path of both friendly and opposing units. It forced infantry to go prone and slow down on retreat, thus slowing the retreat and/or allow the opponent to get easy and free kills. They toyed with the idea of barbed wire fields to be ignored on retreat, but that looked even more silly (e.g. why do units go prone one way, but not the other?). Barbed wire fields was an idea that may looked good on paper, but didn't really get the cut for a fun experience in-game.

Funfact: Stun nade also cause the same problem but due to that ability being DLC, Relic can't remove it.
18 Jun 2016, 16:00 PM

Actually, things being DLC does not stop Relic removing them (e.g. as denoted by recent changes with the Soviet Industry Commander, or the removal of certain experience related abilities).
18 Jun 2016, 16:05 PM

Actually, things being DLC does not stop Relic removing them (e.g. as denoted by recent changes with the Soviet Industry Commander, or the removal of certain experience related abilities).

Resources boosting ability has been criticized since beginning due to abuse (Opel truck, Luft supply, Windustry...). Same with troops training due to how broken it synergy with OKW, all that change is Relic fixing so maybe stun nade will be fixed or removed next year, although with Relic focus on DOWIII I seriously doubt their support for COH2. It's 3 years since release and the game still has no key config (left-handed folks get rekted hard).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight