Login

russian armor

Adding custom music to main menu

15 Jun 2016, 17:24 PM

I know you guys are probably aware of this but all the faction flag backgrounds in the main menu are webm files, and you can basically replace them with webms of your own and they will play without any issues whatsoever.

Now, every webm file has an accompanying .lua file, and I noticed that the old trailers that were embeded in the main menu have an audio line which specifies the audio file, because the webm itself doesn't actually contain any sound.

So, I was wondering if it is possible for me to add custom menu music for specific factions like this.
16 Jun 2016, 08:21 AM

Unfortunately, the modding tools are as of now, still primitive. Features not yet in the modding tools include, but not limited to -

Importing of custom Sound Files (unit speech/emote lines, music, etc)
Importing of custom models

(EDIT: Which reminds me, Company of Heroes 2 Tools, provided by Relic, and the only tool that allows you to make mods for the game (EXCLUDING: Maps (maps are made from the World Builder, also by Relic) has not been updated in months, coming close to a year, at least for the majorly important features that modders need. You'll have to make do with whatever's available right now if you're modding the game, especially if you're creating a mod with a fictional setting.)

(Good thing we can import custom images (UI decorators, unit Portraits, etc))
16 Jun 2016, 12:07 PM

Well, I didn't really plan on heavily modding the game, I just compiled faction specific combat footage which I used to replace the usual flags you see in the background when you select a certain faction, I was planning on adding country specific music like military marches and the like, this would only affect the main menu, so I thought that it wouldn't even require any specialized modding tools.

I guess I'll just have to wait for relic to get a move on and increases the scope of the modding tools(if they ever decide to even do this) , but modifying the game in such a way will probably mean I won't be able to play multiplayer anymore, I guess? Because just modifying the webm files doesn't disallow me from the multiplayer.
17 Jun 2016, 13:16 PM

As long as you don't modify anything important in the game files (in your installed location) that is required for multiplayer play. Modifying the game through the means of Tuning Packs, Win Conditions, Skins, etc, will not affect your ability to play online multiplayer.
24 Jun 2016, 19:12 PM

(Good thing we can import custom images (UI decorators, unit Portraits, etc))

I am interested in doing this,could you direct me to a guide that shows hopw to do it?(i am fairly familiar with the regular tuning pack moding,just not this)
25 Jun 2016, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2016, 19:12 PMFino

I am interested in doing this,could you direct me to a guide that shows hopw to do it?(i am fairly familiar with the regular tuning pack moding,just not this)

Using Custom Icons
25 Jun 2016, 09:57 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight