Login

russian armor

Need Help Making New Paratroopers

6 Jun 2016, 18:35 PM

Hello All,

I made an Airborne Ranger (I know, how cliche), and I can call them in, the plane flies over, the guys jump out, the parachute deploys and they stick a perfect landing that Olga Korbut would be proud of.

My question is, how do I get the Rangers to animate like the paratroopers as they are dropping and do a proper PLF (parachute landing fall). The parachutes sway back and forth and once on the ground they act like they are still attached to paratroopers lying on the ground. So the parachute has all the correct animations but the Rangers act like manikins.

Thanks in advance,

Pops.
6 Jun 2016, 18:50 PM

I hope the answer isn't that I would have to use the .mua or .sua files of the paratrooper and would therefore lose the Ranger skin. I want to retain the Ranger skin.
7 Jun 2016, 01:36 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi Popsicle:

I my mod experience I can not add a proper animation to other units. For example I tried to mod a Gebirgsjager Airborne squad. I edit the abp file to add the parachute animation to the German Sniper. The parachute appear but the units in the squad act like (as you said) manikins.

Maybe another modder here could give you another answer but, in my experience it is (for now) not possible.

7 Jun 2016, 03:41 AM

Hey Olhausen,

Thanks for the response. It is certainly beyond me as well. Hoping Eli will chime in with a definitive answer.

Pops
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS