Login

russian armor

Obersoldat reinforce rate

6 Jun 2016, 14:08 PM

Does anyone else think that the reinforce rate is a bit too slow for these guys? It seems like the models fly off almost as fast as any other 4-man squad, but it just takes for ever to get them back into the fight, especially with them not being fast runners. I just started noticing that they really throw of my rhythm and everyone waits on them when i want to make a coordinated attack.

Is the reinforce speed something that was left over from when they were terminators? I guess what I'm asking is how other OKW elite infantry reinforce speed is like, does anyone else opt out and use doctrinal inf instead of Obers for that reason? Do other doc-based inf reinforce faster?
6 Jun 2016, 14:47 PM

i kinda think this is OK. it's frustrating when you're OKW and dropped a lot of models, but dealing with an ober blob on the other end is just as frustrating.
15 Jun 2016, 06:44 AM

How do you blob them? Their pop cap is 10.
23 Jun 2016, 02:21 AM

The reinforce rate is indeed very slow. It's annoying but I guess it helps subconsciously incentivize you to take even better care of them??
23 Jun 2016, 13:53 PM

I guess a saw obers as inf that could take some damage, but they seem less tough than they look. Sometimes it seems like they start to dish out good damage, but then you gotta run back before you know it (and freaking wait for them to reinforce longer than the time they spend fighting)
23 Jun 2016, 14:01 PM

Sturmpioneers reinforcement time is slow as fuck too. Annoying..
23 Jun 2016, 14:09 PM

Anyway was a great game and fun to watch GGWP.

The reinforce rate for Obersoldat's posts are not very high as noted in Twitch Streams and coh2.org Kappa
23 Jun 2016, 14:42 PM

K, I didnt post this in the balance thread cause I'm pretty sure no one will give a crap about updating this stat. I'm just looking to see weather there is a consensus on using an alternative doctrine-based unit due to this.

This post was made before the bundle nade buff;I don't know, maybe its worth the wait these days.
23 Jun 2016, 14:50 PM

bring back obers lmg dmg from 6 to 8...the had 11 dmg when they were terminators and the reason for second lmg nerf was because it helped shreck blob and dii much better against rifles well now rifleman have terminator vet and shrecks are gone so it makes sense to make obers give theri dmg back thye just get raped by vet 3 rifles and tommies same for falls rest of infantry is good
23 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM

*sigh* ... this is sooo getting moved into the balance thread.
23 Jun 2016, 16:34 PM

With Volks getting buffed in AI, honestly I don't know what to do with Obers, 2x Volks with Stg do everything better and drain MP less. If I want long range DPS, I either goes Falls or Fusiliers now that MG34 is nondoctrinal means pretty much every OKW commander is viable for 1v1 (Maybe not Elite Armour).
8 Jul 2016, 22:04 PM

Turn them back to the original wfa launch stats, where they get extra damage to retreating units :)
9 Jul 2016, 05:39 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I like the speed because it forces you to conserve models. A cool thing would be to increase the cost of the cost of the STG 44 infared upgrade to 90 munis and add a reinforce speed and cost buff. Just a thought.
9 Jul 2016, 06:47 AM

Honestly, at a 50 manpower cost per model, a slow reinforce time seems rather redundant. Even OKW have trouble finding that kind of manpower, particularly in the face of abundant and effective Allied AOE weapons.
12 Jul 2016, 15:31 PM

retardmen and retard sections with upgrades are 10x more cost effective than obers. at least with falls you can cloak and throw a nuke nade at kids and the close range DPS is good for finishing the stragglers. obers only get good once they reach high vet... the initial investment for them is very poor.
12 Jul 2016, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It made sense back when Obers were walking action heroes that could easily expect to fight off 3 Riflemen squads at least equally, but that is far from the case anymore so their current lengthy reinforcement time is definitely unjustified.
14 Jul 2016, 21:15 PM

reinforce rate so low,but this infantry is so dangerous at long range.so needed slow reinforce
14 Jul 2016, 21:22 PM

I rather see their vet requirements lowered, and vet 4 suppresion removed.
15 Jul 2016, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 21:15 PMSoheil
reinforce rate so low,but this infantry is so dangerous at long range.so needed slow reinforce

There is a consensus that Obers right now are not worth the price. For the price, the damage output is ok, but the models fly off as fast as any other cheaper infantry squad. Without vet its not worth buying them. Im not a high ranking player, so i have more chances of losing them before they get high vet. I also dont htink units should priced based on their vet bonuses. They are bonuses! Also, they are buildable way too late in the game while all other inf are already vetted. Its an uphill battle. Right now im leaning more towards doc-based infantry.

In reality, recently I have been playing without any doctrines, just to get a feel for what stock OKW feels like. And depending on the situation, I end up just buying another Volks squad. They just seem to be less of a liability, and I can recrew things with them without a second thought and dont nearly spend as much time at base as Obers overall.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★