Login

russian armor

Bofors opinion poll

31 May 2016, 19:17 PM

Yeah the real problem si the mortar pit, not really the Bofors imo.

Excellent range, excellent RoF, no fuel cost etc.

A simple way to balance that thing would be remove the brace on mortar pit maybe ?

Not an optimal balance i guess, but at least it's simple.
1 Jun 2016, 03:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 19:17 PMCrystal
Yeah the real problem si the mortar pit, not really the Bofors imo.

Excellent range, excellent RoF, no fuel cost etc.

A simple way to balance that thing would be remove the brace on mortar pit maybe ?

Not an optimal balance i guess, but at least it's simple.

The problem with this is that you've nerfed the Mortar Pit's survivability (which isn't all that impressive) to make the Bofors easier to counter.

The main problem with the Bofors/Mortar Pit combo is that it allows a player to reap all of the benefits of a combined-arms strategy without any of the micro usually associated with one.

To fix this, I suggest:

- Give UKF a mobile mortar with the same stats as the Soviet one (but only four infantry models)
- Make the Mortar Pit a garrisonable structure (capable of garrisoning two squads at once) that multiplies the range of mortar barrages (not auto-fire, only the barrage) by 1.5, barrage cooldown by 0.6 and scatter by 0.8 (so a garrisoned mortar has only standard auto-fire range but can barrage at the normal range)
- Reduce the cost/pop cost of the Mortar Emplacement

If you would like to try this out, here's a mod.
1 Jun 2016, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 03:34 AMSvanh

The problem with this is that you've nerfed the Mortar Pit's survivability (which isn't all that impressive) to make the Bofors easier to counter.

The main problem with the Bofors/Mortar Pit combo is that it allows a player to reap all of the benefits of a combined-arms strategy without any of the micro usually associated with one.

To fix this, I suggest:

- Give UKF a mobile mortar with the same stats as the Soviet one (but only four infantry models)
- Make the Mortar Pit a garrisonable structure (capable of garrisoning two squads at once) that multiplies the range of mortar barrages (not auto-fire, only the barrage) by 1.5, barrage cooldown by 0.6 and scatter by 0.8 (so a garrisoned mortar has only standard auto-fire range but can barrage at the normal range)
- Reduce the cost/pop cost of the Mortar Emplacement

If you would like to try this out, here's a mod.

You have good ideas there, lad.
1 Jun 2016, 11:33 AM

Not impressive but sufficient considering that a mortar pit is most of the time next to a Bofors.

The remove of the brace on it would allow to call artillery on it to destroy it. ( just one or two call-ins, and no 5054698436178e^9 like it's the case now )

So it would :

- Nerf the mortar pit in his globality. ( Nerf his survivability is a simple way to indirectly nerf all other stats ) And i think it needs this nerf.
- Allow to have better opportunities to kill the Mortar pit so better opportunities to kill the Bofors, which is very strong with the Mortar pit, but fairly balanced without it. ( Mortar pit + Indirect barrage is actually a problem. The only way to counter these guys is sending Heavy Tanks or Tank Destroyers. But the brace could easily temporize for AT guns support. )

But of course, a reduction of the cost to balance all of that.

As i said it's not an "optimal theorycraft" suggestion( It's more a 10 sec brainstorm suggestion :p ), but i think we could give it a try.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★