Login

russian armor

Alternative Idea to adjust Stormtroops: 5 men?

Alternative Idea to adjust Stormtroops: 5 men?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
33%
48%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2016, 15:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

To add my two cents to the recent discussion of https://www.coh2.org/topic/53122/stormtrooper-g43s.

The problem with vanilla stormtroopers is the fact your are paying an additional 100 manpower for a grenadier squad with stealth, or additional 100 munitions for a Panzergrenadier with a additional ability and stealth.

My suggestion is why not add a fifth man to squad, may need to increase the manpower to 360 to justify the on map call in. However, this may create the new volk panzerschreck spam that we all know and hate, though limited to two doctrines. I am proposing a further change to panzerschreck. Remove the panzerschreck and replace it with a either a time demo charge or a regular demo charge, to assist in destroying caches for the Encirclement Doctrine.
26 May 2016, 16:35 PM

i'd be ok with them costing a little more if they came in with STGs by default. no real point to them otherwise, especially when you call them in just to wait 3 minutes for the STGs to build.
26 May 2016, 21:16 PM

Doesn't make sense for them to have demo charges instead of Shrecks but they do make sense to have a 5th man in the squad, funny thing is when you think about it, the assault versions of the Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers both have 5 men in their respective squads.
26 May 2016, 21:22 PM

storms are actually harder to kill than grens :P They have more received accuracy bonuses.
26 May 2016, 21:26 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The reason people use the stg upgrade is for the reduced reinforce cost, assault ability, and stealth. The upgraded stormtroopers are worlds better than Pgrens.
27 May 2016, 01:37 AM

Give them Ober K98s
Give them vet 1 self heal instead of med kit.
Upgrade their STG profile a bit so they're not muni-hungry Pgrens with Ambush Camo, maybe decrease price a bit.
Give them Pgren G43s
Leave Pshrek upgrade as is.
27 May 2016, 02:46 AM

the upcoming bundle grenade buff is a major indirect buff to the stormtroopers as it is.
nee
27 May 2016, 03:14 AM

Wild thought here: they spawn with StGs but can use Panzerschreck? They kinda make them more like Falls, though whether that's a good or bad thing is a different issue.

Or they spawn with Ober rifles....and can upgrade to IR StGs instead.
27 May 2016, 08:46 AM

Make them 360MP and to come with stg or leave their place as it is,reduce their vet requirements by25% and let stg upgrade take like 2-3 seconds...i mean,they should be deadly behind enemy lines
27 May 2016, 09:48 AM

I would personally avoid 5 men squads with a single schreck upgrade. It didnt work so well with volks either.

But i like the 5 men + demo charge idea. I always missed OST options to demolish buildings or bridges.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★