Login

russian armor

Native voice acting

11 May 2016, 21:16 PM

Wouldn't it be cool to have this option in the game? I'm convinced that most of the players are completely OK with everyone and their dog speaking English but for me personally it's kind of an immersion breaker. I'm pretty sure there are others like me. Since this is not Dawn of War or Starcraft and we have fixed factions, wouldn't it be a neat thing to push the faction flavor even futher?

It's not that players wouldn't understand what's happening on the battleground. They still have the interface prompts. On top of that, it would be a nice little feature to get familiar with foreign languages. Some education while getting curbstomped by Volk Panzerschreck hordes (hopefully not for long) could prove nice!

Of course this should not be mandatory. A little switch in the settings menu to turn on native voices for all factions would be very welcome and I believe it would contribute to the general good of the game. It wouldn't require much work - considering all the voice files are already in game. USF and UKF voices from the English version of the game, SU voices from the Russian version of the game, OST and OKW voices from the German version of the game.

Think about it.
11 May 2016, 21:30 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/39714/community-effort-to-create-native-language-option/page/4#post_id410238

Unfortunately, a native language option doesn't seem to be a very high priority for them. It would be nice to see sometime in the future, though.

11 May 2016, 21:35 PM

Well, it's a shame.

Relic has probably tried to forge a semi-immersive game and they've mostly succeeded at it.

Lack of native languages however is a biggie when it comes to these things. It's a very simple thing to implement but it appears to be overlooked for the sake of e-sport mountain dew twitch maymay doritos.
11 May 2016, 21:46 PM

It's ok, I've always imagined that Germans speak English with a hilarious accent as their native language. :D
11 May 2016, 21:51 PM

Man today i watched Nagganos stream and Germans spoke russian?????? o_O
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight