Login

russian armor

Molotovs suck

12 May 2016, 17:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It Makes no sense for the Molotov animation to be so long and obvious whilst the Incendiary grenade animation is instantaneous despite requiring no fuel unlock. Why do Soviets pay for an inferior grenade. I think Molotov is fine, it's more the Incendiary Grenade that should be put in line by having a slightly longer animation that's actually dodgeable.
12 May 2016, 17:32 PM

And yep!! The 7% increase from "Burn Baby Burn" is pretty nifty. Has anybody got more than one of these bulletins? :unsure:

Stacking 3 of them for months.

Vet 2 Cons with triple bulletin and molo is like rifle nade :hansGASM:
12 May 2016, 17:36 PM

^^ ^^

But the slow throw of the Molotov means that in the right situation, assuming you have time to wait and see, you can commence the throw, watch your enemy start to retreat and then move the Con squad before the projectile is flung.

And yep!! The 7% increase from "Burn Baby Burn" is pretty nifty. Has anybody got more than one of these bulletins? :unsure:

I stack three of them sometimes. That and the vet bonus to throwing range is pretty decent. I'd rather have faster throwing speed bulletins tho :(

The extra range throws some people off, because they're used to practically being in melee range to get molotov'd. Sometimes I actually land it on enemy units before they move! :rolleyes:
12 May 2016, 17:42 PM

Hey, You suck! My Grandpa was a Molotov cocktail on that war!
12 May 2016, 20:19 PM

Keep in mind that if the warspoils patch goes through molotov bulletins won't stack.

The issue isn't really how effective molotovs can be but the fact that the upgrade simply isn't worth the cost. I'd like to see molotovs and AT grenades combo'd into a single explosives upgrade or see the molotov upgrade changed into a standard infantry grenade upgrade to make the cost more worthwhile. If Relic took the latter route they could then make molotovs the vet1 ability for cons to ensure they can still get anti-garrison as they vet up.
12 May 2016, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 20:19 PMCabreza
Keep in mind that if the warspoils patch goes through molotov bulletins won't stack.

The issue isn't really how effective molotovs can be but the fact that the upgrade simply isn't worth the cost..

That has been the point I have always raised... The molotov is cheap to throw but the cost to unlock isn't. With T0 Mg's I would rather not see it attached to a Vet as it is the only early infantry building clear they have.

Combining the AT/Molotovs for the cost of one is what I would like to see.

Axis unlock through natural progression. USF have to pay but they unlock smoke with it and get the free unit on Tiering.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 2
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment