Login

russian armor

What docs are you using in the balance preview?

10 May 2016, 19:32 PM

The balance preview has really shaken up the game, as we all know. Soviets and OKW in particular have really benefited from it as they have more reliable cores. For me, Defense Doctrine for Sovs and Elite armor and the Goliath doctrine for OKW are both pretty nice now.

For Defense, a 2x engie opening into Penals with DSHK support is absolutely brutal, especially with engies spamming light mines all over the place. Use an M42 + tank traps to shove off light armor and double up on M42s to deal with medium armor. Get a halftrack from T3 to keep your team weapons and penals moving or an Su/76 to assist the M42s and go T4 for the buffed T34s or SU-85s shielded by tank traps.

Elite Armor's big weakness used to be no MG or decent AI infantry. It now has both plus a snare. Basically, spam volks in pairs with MG support to deal with Allied infantry, get Mechanized > Puma > Medic Truck > Medics > Puma/Luchs and adapt from there. Pumas shield your volks and MGs from Allied light vehicles and later use the HEAT shells to deal with mediums and a Luchs can deal with MGs. I don't usually go Flak Truck and instead call in a Sturmtiger immediately. You have fausts. You have a Sturmtiger. Do the math. In 2v2, add mark target for even greater results.

The Goliath doc is like EA, the volk changes make it much more enticing. I use this in 2v2s with an Ostheer ally who has that plane dropped smoke for use against emplacements. Smoke the emplacement, roll up Goliath, send emplacements straight to hell.

I'm curious to hear, what doctrines have you guys been using in the preview that you might not have before?
10 May 2016, 19:46 PM

double up on M42s to deal with medium armor

did i miss something
10 May 2016, 19:49 PM

did i miss something

Its... acceptable. Not great by any standards, a ZiS is still better, but most players will back off of them for some reason.
11 May 2016, 07:06 AM

Really hard to answer to OPs question if we think at OKW. The possibilities are unlimited but the power of the faction is not over the top. For me, doctrines that give something more to volks like infiltration grenades or sturmoffizier are preferable. But there are many many ways to play OKW now.
Related to soviets, I still feel guard doctrines are the most potent.
For USF I like using the Pershing doctrine and OH you can use whatever doctrine you like it won't make any difference, you will rarely win.
For brits, I can't tell, didn't play them yet in the balance preview.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
Peru 21
unknown 20
United Kingdom 195
Germany 35
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W