Login

russian armor

US need help.

8 May 2016, 12:38 PM

So I've been saying for a while now how US are under powered and need help. I have made suggestions against instant squad killing rifle nades (which is still an ability that is completely overpowered). However the balance against OKW right now in it's current state (pre-patch) is horrendously tipped towards OKW. Once late game hits a US player will have 0 chance of winning. This is due to a lack of units that can survive against obersoldaten troops and king tigers.

Replay link:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/52607/complete-imbalance

I know they have lowered the rear and side armors of these tanks but US is still going to be lacking in the game (post patch).

I am suggesting that they add more units to the US tree that aren't commander specific. As it stands the only unit US is getting is a mortar team (which is still not enough). Any map with a lot of buildings (ex: semois) will still be heavily favored against US.

Units such as flame engineers need to be made available as a standard unit that can be built (by any faction) to deal with units in buildings. This change I feel is a must to keep this game from being tipped towards any faction.

8 May 2016, 13:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would disagree. (have not watched the replay)

Making rear echelons with M2 flamethrowers non doctrinal is a bad idea. Riflemen are already the most adaptable infantry in the game with their smoke grenade. rear echelons can just walk up to a building and burn the crew too easily. This is where the new mortar comes in.

Riflemen and rear echelons can also be equipped with bazookas to push back medium and light vehicles.
Other riflemen can be equipped with bars to more than crush okw obersoldaten.
The buff to the HMG can now make it fight against light vechicals.

Two jacksons (still cheaper than a king) can kite all day against a king.

Here is my doctrinal advice.

M1919 can rip apart squads

Mechanized Doc
Okw still is weak to the Wc51 truck. In the preview they still need to build a HQ before they get panzerfausts. These trucks can hunt down the halftracks and destroy them or push okw out of sectors such as fuel. Once you see a built truck or a panzerscheck, withdraw and refit. Now you can get out some Stuarts and withdraw and refit to Jacksons

Rifle company does have the flamethrowers you want
White phosphorus is still good
Easy Eights are good force other tanks to be built other than saving up for a king
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★