Login

russian armor

UKF Artillery design - time for rework!

8 May 2016, 07:59 AM

UKF is pretty strange faction. It designed to have (literally) everything good/awesome without doctrines: top-mainline infantry, tanks like Churchill or Comet, Defensive structures, add weapons, FHQs... and artillery. Base howitzers. But here is a point - howtizers are only thing, that is available without doctrines but sux. And I don't like it.

It's understandable, why it sux - it's non-doctrinal and more than that you getting it for free with teching. Making such units more or less powerful will totally turn UKF into imbafaction (like they are not right now...).

So, I think, if UKF is already full of non-doc good combinant units (infantry, tanks, defenses), why not to remake their artillery system? Free base howitzers are bad (even for free), Sextons are awful and Royal Artillery doctrine itself is kinda "lose pact", cos when you take it you signing on enevidalbe game loss for yourself.

Here I made a theoretical plan of remaking UKF Artillery, I wrote it somewhere already:

1. Throw out Sexton. It's just shitty copy of Priest, pretty lame and not creative.

2. Throw out Base 25 QF howtizers. They are good as decorations for your base, but useless as real artillery. And my base is beauteful already. And they have no veterancy - that's boring also.

3. Change them both to solid and good QF 25 Emplacements (600 MP, 70-110 fuel). Put them in "Anvil tactics" upgrade, instead of airburst shells.

4. Move airburst shells to RA doctrine, instead of Sexton. Will be able as second type of barrage for example.

5. Change "3-shot barrage for 100 ammo" to "supercharge rounds for mortars and 25s". Increasing range of fire, increasing direct hit damage. For mortar pits all those basic stats should be nerfed after that, because it will be too OP - mortars already cover with fire half of map. Let them do it only with Artillery doctrine.

6. Change Valentine and Counter-battery fire places. Guess, it will be more reasonable to have arty ability in arty doctrine. And Advanced Emplacements will get light tank, for to compensate absence of AEC after taking Bofors. CP 4-5 recomended.

7. Change "Perimetr Overwatch" to "Royal Artillery Officier" call-in. He won't have abilities and will be unarmed (only armed with binocularus and radio station), but will buff all (your and your allies) artillery around, making it reload faster and shoot a few % more accurant. When he dies - all artillery crews around drop their positions and run out of map, vechile arty also decrewing and crews running away. It means, that you don't lose your arty, but lose their veterancy instead - looks pretty fair.

After that, Artillery will still be non-doctrinal but in form of Emplacement and pretty weak arty itself. But... if you will want to play on artillery seriously - you will be able to take Royal Arty and realise full it's power, just like it was in vCoH with Royal Arty. + Mortars will get nerf, which will be compensated back with same RA doctrine and that's also pretty fair, cos those mortars are just horrible to counter right now.

What do you think about it? Maybe you have some suggestions, cos (I think) we all can agree, that UK arty is pretty bad, Royal Artillery is one of worst doctrines in game and something should be done about it.

8 May 2016, 09:09 AM

A lot of the abilities in that doctrine are simply too weak or too expensive and could use adjustment. My problem with airburst shells is that they are almost worse than the standard shells.

I don't think changes that radical are needed.
8 May 2016, 09:19 AM

A lot of the abilities in that doctrine are simply too weak or too expensive and could use adjustment. My problem with airburst shells is that they are almost worse than the standard shells.

I don't think changes that radical are needed.

Airbursts are not that bad... They are good against buildings + dealing good with infantry blobs. As second type of barrage, I think, it might work. + It causes small damages on tanks, when hitting. I think, that all howitzers with direct hit should cause such small damages like turret lock or stun or something like that...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment