Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
18 Jun 2016, 18:47 PM

He is a Harlem hellfighter from the 15th New York National Guard Regiment fighting within the USA Expeditionary Corps. Not French.

But it makes sense, France did not do anything at all in WW1 right!

It makes as much sense as having a WW2 Eastern Front game without the USSR -_-

I saw a trailer breakdown and all the screenshots, there's no sign of any French made equipment or French troops despite being the biggest innovators during WW1.
There are some Italians wearing Adrian helmets and green uniforms being mowed down by a German Space Marine's handheld HMG (Realism be damned), that's the closest.

Well BFOne is a AAA lowest common denominator FPS, they needs to cater to the anglosphere masses. That means Wunderwaffe, British and US Marines pandering plus throwing some female Arabs and African-Americans to please western SJWs.

Apparently DICE "researched the heck" out of WW1 :lolol:

Here ya go man, LevelCap explains why no French at launch towards the end of the video. :)

To sum it up for those who don't watch, the developers felt that including France in its own DLC would give them the much warranted recognition for their major involvement during the war. So one whole DLC will focus on the French. :)
18 Jun 2016, 23:18 PM
Patrion 14

that sounds like a bad excuse.. :).

so already included factions do not warrant that much recognition? or already do and france being its own DLC somehow evens the significance? its not a really good argument but thats just a bad excuses.

and has DICE ever released a faction for a DLC? it seems like one faction per DLC sounds normal.
19 Jun 2016, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 23:18 PMpigsoup
that sounds like a bad excuse.. :).

so already included factions do not warrant that much recognition? or already do and france being its own DLC somehow evens the significance? its not a really good argument but thats just a bad excuses.

and has DICE ever released a faction for a DLC? it seems like one faction per DLC sounds normal.
I have to agree that no French at the beginning sounded like BS to me, but I can see their reasoning somewhat. An entire expansion focused on the French based on a significant battle the French fought with a whole ton of French weapons sounds pretty cool to me.
19 Jun 2016, 04:03 AM

It's PR 101, already knew their excuse as I linked the statement by DICE's strategy director in my previous post, so levelcap's shilling is not going to sugarcoat it.

So if the French DLC is not FREE they can go take a hike!

Not paying for that, it's fucking insulting. Moreover there is ZERO proof it will be free. Unless there's an official statement saying otherwise I'm betting it's a 15€ DLC.

France had the largest and most interesting arsenal during WW1, everything mass produced in the hundreds of thousands, not some obscure prototype built in small numbers like all the semi/full-autos I've seen so far in the trailers.

Hell, I found it suspicious when I saw no trace of Berthier and Lebel rifles, Ruby semi-auto pistol nor the french revolvers, or the Chauchat LMG (First LMG), RSC 1917 (First Semi-auto rifle) and Hotchkiss HMG (Only air cooled HMG of WW1).

Lastly all the French airplanes are missing too, France had the first military airforce in history and by the end of WW1 the Largest one. Germans reverse engineered the propeller/machine-gun interrupter from Roland Garros' biplane when he was downed behind enemy lines.

I don't get a WW1 vibe form Battlefield One either, everything is full or semi-auto and it's way too fast paced. The primitive tanks are super fast, all weapons's fire rate is insane and recoil is absent.

Meh, DICE should have done WW2 again cuz it feels like WW2 gameplay with a WW1 skin basically.
25 Jun 2016, 16:14 PM
3 Jul 2016, 21:01 PM

15 Aug 2016, 19:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

New trailer.

16 Aug 2016, 12:36 PM
Patrion 14

You can now apply for the open beta beginning 31th of August!

see the "insider tab" on www.battlefield.com

16 Aug 2016, 12:53 PM

My hat goes off to EA for just how damned sexy they've made the Frostbite engine. It looks amazing without needing any fancy hardware.
16 Aug 2016, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

I watched a video about the Battlefield 1. I find this game quite unrealistic, because they didn't fight like this in WW1. It was more trench and MG orientated. This Battlefield 1 is more like WW2 game but with WW1 flavor.
16 Aug 2016, 20:46 PM
16 Aug 2016, 22:06 PM

I watched a video about the Battlefield 1. I find this game quite unrealistic, because they didn't fight like this in WW1. It was more trench and MG orientated. This Battlefield 1 is more like WW2 game but with WW1 flavor.

Historically speaking the Trench Warfare was most heavily conducted on the Western Front between France and Germany. The Eastern Front and the Middle Eastern Front were very mobile in a sense and similar to WW-II.
17 Aug 2016, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2016, 22:06 PMSierra
Historically speaking the Trench Warfare was most heavily conducted on the Western Front between France and Germany. The Eastern Front and the Middle Eastern Front were very mobile in a sense and similar to WW-II.

I was referring primarily to the Western Front.

But also when I look at the pictures from WW1 from the Eastern front, I can see a lot of MGs and trenches, but of course the Western Front was very special in this case.

The other thing I was thinking about was that in the video there was very few people. In WW1 there was plenty of soldiers concentrated in a small area.
30 Aug 2016, 10:27 AM
Patrion 14

First few games feel good :) very pretty graphics but still very smooth.
30 Aug 2016, 13:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Note: Sign-ups for early access to the Battlefield 1 Beta are now closed.

weaksauce.
30 Aug 2016, 13:08 PM

there was even some feminist outrage about not portraying female soldiers. im not sure if this was troll or not, but in modern times everything is possible..
30 Aug 2016, 13:39 PM

Battlefield Insider Beta codes went out a few hours ago for those who are wondering if you can play or not yet.
17 Oct 2016, 21:38 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I caved and bought the Delux. It unlocks in 22 mins... w00t! Enjoying the game so far. Just hope it doesn't get ruined by staxxers and haxxxxers xD

Add me on Origin ("AmiPolizeiFunk" as always) if you want to squad up and wreck house.
21 Oct 2016, 09:14 AM
Patrion 14

Add me as well if you like, name is: Splittter
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak