Login

russian armor

Weapon teams+SU85+Shock Rifle Comm

12 Jul 2013, 10:29 AM
Benefactor 115

I won 6 games in a row (4 2vs2 and 2 3vs3) using this tactic yesterday, it uses the Shock Rifle Commander but could work with others as well, seems quite reliable and it's really fun to play:
- Support Weapon Kampaneya
- Conscripts
- Engi to secondary points and fuel cache - then build fuel caches
- Conscripts (+oorah) to victory point
- Maxim to victory point - setup defence if taken, otherwise wait for...
- Mortar to victory point - help take point or help to defend it
- Mortar/Maxim to victory point (depending on what you feel is needed more)
- AT Gun to victory point:
At the exact time you bring it to the field the germans will pop out some light vehicles (usually flame halftrack). so great to see them go down in one shot. The ability also helps a lot if the enemy is holding the point in a building or generally on infantry.
- Start spamming shock troops and some maxim or mortars when needed/in replacement of dead ones.
- Mechanized Armor Kampaneya
- At this time, right before you can make SU85s, there is a period that seems favourable to germans and the game seems to go downhill, happened a lot of times, but always recovered from it, just make sure to fall back with the units and don't lose them.
- Get SU85 and take back point.
- German will make panzershrecks and AT guns, just keep the SU85 in defensive position and use it like an AT gun, backpedal at the slightest damage, you should have tons of infantry to stop anything from chasing it.
- Keep building SU85s (a second comes quite quick, a third rarely).
- Bring in the KV-8 Flamethrower tanks (from the commander):
This thing is a beast it will wipe away all the infantry in seconds. Also, shrecks don't do much damage to it and even tanks take a while to wreck it. The hilarious thing is that most of the times the enemy will make even more AT guns and shrecks to counter it...which will burn down in a few seconds.
- Basically at this point an SU85(tank destroyer) paired with the flame tank(infantry destroyer) can take care of pretty much anything.
- you can start sending units to help your mates or attack the remaining victory point (you also have napalm strikes to help you defend captured points passively).
12 Jul 2013, 11:01 AM

you should try this strat in 1v1 against a decent player. 2v2 or 3v3 means nothing
12 Jul 2013, 11:07 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:01 AMCeza
you should try this strat in 1v1 against a decent player. 2v2 or 3v3 means nothing

well it means it works in 2v2 and 3v3...at least for me.
I started playing CoH2 when it came out (no CoH1 or 2beta), with soviests, and used to win like 1 in 5 games before, so winning 6 games in a row was a pretty notable thing for me...or anyway to have have a discussion about.
I don't play 1v1, maybe you can try it and let me know :D
12 Jul 2013, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:07 AMtuvok

well it means it works in 2v2 and 3v3...at least for me.
I started playing CoH2 when it came out (no CoH1 or 2beta), with soviests, and used to win like 1 in 5 games before, so winning 6 games in a row was a pretty notable thing for me...or anyway to have have a discussion about.
I don't play 1v1, maybe you can try it and let me know :D

same here! 1v1 actually scared me. I thought they just would rape me, thats why I only played 2vs2. But then I tried and I haven't lost yet :D Even if the opponent was level >50. I am 50

So just give it a try, you will love it ;-)
12 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

Ignore people who say 2v2,3v3,4v4 mean nothing. What they mean to say is that it means nothing to them.

Ceza is correct in saying it won't work in 1v1 ... but no 2v2 strats do.
12 Jul 2013, 17:09 PM

Don't really like this strat. I never go victory points first. Resources are more important straight off in team games. A good team player will just steal both fuel points off you and munitions then munch your victory point defences with tanks
20 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

Good players generally won't lose their flameHT to a Zis, especially if they have smoke, unless they make huge mistakes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★