Login

russian armor

Late game struggle.

12 Jul 2013, 04:40 AM

Hello,

My late game soviets is far from good.
- I can't deal with German tank even when Iam prepared for them.
I simply don't know what to build against.
I seem som strats like 1-2 tanks and some guard troops that I will try
I head people about laying mines. ( but where u need to lay them)

What's the real strat these days to counter heavy German tank strat?
What kind of units are good against it.

Cause that's the only thing that keeps me from winning the game micro and map control is no problem.
12 Jul 2013, 06:19 AM
Donator 11

su85 for pz4, stug and ostwind, isu 152 against panther and tiger. lay mines at chokepoints (bridges, rivercrossings,...), button the enemy tanks and voila!
12 Jul 2013, 07:33 AM

Thnx I will give that a try today and see how it works. What u mean with buttening down? Cause my English is bad :p and most of the time the come in with 4 tanks. It likes like a all-in tank strat.
12 Jul 2013, 07:57 AM

When u upgrade guards with DP machine gun, u unlock special ability that allows u to "button" enemy vehicles (try to search it in bottom right corner of screen where abilities ussualy are) :P . What button does is ur guards shoot at the opening from where tank members look out (in dutch thats called "luik") thats why tank members have to close it loosing sight and tank is unable to shoot or look and moves very slowly while button ability lasts (about 15 secs , not sure)
Hope it helped :D
12 Jul 2013, 08:27 AM

Thank you for the great reply I did not know that! That must be very powerful! Can't wait to be home and try that out! What's another great unit to have with guards?
12 Jul 2013, 08:33 AM

Yeah Guards are great Soviet infantry units.

Using the Guards button ability with Conscripts AT nades and a SU85 tank or Zi3 anti-tank gun to do the majority of damage can quickly kill opponents armour. Try to plan attacks so they will all be able to contribute at the same time. Listening for Ostheer tanks in the fog or war can help you do this.

Just remember that if you move your Guards or the Ostheer player uses smoke on the tank, your Guards button ability will stop and the Ostheer tank will driver away.
12 Jul 2013, 08:42 AM

Is this strat helpful against +- 3 -4 tanks?
12 Jul 2013, 08:57 AM

Are you playing 1v1 or 2v2?

In 1v1 if you have only 1 tank whilst your opponent has 3 or 4 tanks it can be a little difficult to tackle them on. If your opponent has 3 or 4 tanks (I assume they are panzer 4 tanks) then you will definitely want at least 2 or 3 SU85's with Guard and Conscript support.
12 Jul 2013, 09:08 AM

Playing only 1vs1. :) thnx for the great info I think this wil help a lot. I guess the guard ability is the red one with the lightning true the middle? :p
12 Jul 2013, 09:09 AM

12 Jul 2013, 09:30 AM

Yep thats the one! :)

Thnx for your support! What's it steam name? If I may add you.
17 Jul 2013, 06:23 AM

Yeah Guards are great Soviet infantry units.

Using the Guards button ability with Conscripts AT nades and a SU85 tank or Zi3 anti-tank gun to do the majority of damage can quickly kill opponents armour. Try to plan attacks so they will all be able to contribute at the same time. Listening for Ostheer tanks in the fog or war can help you do this.

Just remember that if you move your Guards or the Ostheer player uses smoke on the tank, your Guards button ability will stop and the Ostheer tank will driver away.

One... you don't need both. Conscripts! conscripts! conscripts! people act like they are useless. they may be the most useful unit in game. One at nade means instant engine failure. an su85 can take out 2 ta 3 tanks in one minute (literally) if they all have blown engines. the biggest mistake I see with 85's is people getting cocky and rushing with them because enemy tank is getting away. this makes them easy to get behind and take out. nade engine take out from afar. sending a 2 panzer rush is free kills if you have an 85 with 2 conscript squads supporting it.

Also IMO field guns are pieces of shit. they have no piercing power to take anything over a panzer 4. No lie with ambush tactics on, a panther rode into mid I had 5 guns facing its back side camoed and on hold fire. on fire order they all fired taking 1/3 its health. your thinking oh well that's why they have infinite shots... the next salve produced 4 shots bouncing off armor and one hitting but doing no damage... maybe personal preference but they are severly underpowered.

85's are capable of taking on any german tank if its engines are out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak