Login

russian armor

New Patch Balance

11 Jul 2013, 22:03 PM

Ok, well I know its only been a day or so but I have quite a few games under my belt now so a few points.

I like the change to the German mortar and Pak, makes them a bit more survivable and the faster rate of fire on the mortar is great (actually got 2 to vet 3 in my first 2 games). I would still like to see an accuracy buff to the Pak though.

The MG42 team going to 4 men though is a bit of a nightmare, especially in buildings. I feel as though I am nearly forced to get a clowncar for flames to get them out now that the Soviet mortar shoots a tad slower. Molitoves just don't cut it, often the MG42 can just sit in the building and only lose half health. In addition to this I feel ALL small arms should do more damage to ALL weapons teams from both sides. The game is too forgiving ATM, if you get a good flank off and they dont retreat straight away you should kill the team but ALAS they can stay there FAR too long under direct fire. I am seeing ALOT of MG42's and I do mean ALOT.

I think the changes to the Maxim are great, it feels as though it cant be the spearhead of an assault anymore but have a good supporting role, which is exactly what it is supposed to do. I would still like ALL weapon teams to not be able to fire if pinned though TBH.

Clowncar change is not bad with the risk/reward of units dying however now that I feel it is almost a must vs the MG42's it is very risky to get close enough to the MG42/House to try and kill it as you ALWAYS get within range of supporting Grens. Still a fix to small arms damage and reduction of building cover can fix this.

German Scoutcar isn't bad now and an excellent counter to the light Soviet armour and overall it was a good change to this unit.

This is just my 2 cents feel free to comment, I am interested to know how some of you are countering the new MG42, especially in buildings.

11 Jul 2013, 22:30 PM

The little that I played so far I have to agree that flame scout cars just seem like one of the most effective counter to mg42s in buildings. With the mg42s now 33% more durable 1 molotov just doesn't cut it, some of the bigger buildings like the church even 2 molotovs seem to take too long to kill a mg42 though it all depends on their positioning but still that's 3 required squads considering the third squad is needed to take fire. Soviet t2 mortar is just a sad unit, sure it's decently survivable but the fire rate is insanely slow even when barraging. That leaves us with a flame engineer which is essentially playing Russian roulette considering most of the time the enemy has to kill the closest engie and boom goes the flamer. I think with the new patch the soviets need to rely on the flame scout car more than ever. I'd like to know how other people counter mg42s in buildings aside from going t1 as well.
12 Jul 2013, 00:07 AM

I don't understand the change to the soviet mortar. What it seemed it needed to me was less health, not less damage. Otherwise i haven't noticed a huge change in balance in my few games.

Buildings are still OP and maps are still too big!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★