Login

russian armor

How to deal with BAR Blob

20 Apr 2016, 13:49 PM

Hey guys!
Another novice thread and I'm quite shure I'm just missing something but I can't find a solution how to deal with those blobs of Rifles supportet by Rangers. They wiped the floor with my Volks and Sturms and my idea of getting a Stuka zu Fuß was pretty much an outright failure. Then the Pershing rolled out and I gave up.

No matter how I positioned my troops he just came running at me, slaughtering my Infantry.
I pulled out my troops early enough that I only lost 2 squads over the game but I lacked field presence, couldn't hold my fuel and the victory points weren't looking exactly good either.

Went for Luchs a bit late but not too late. Lost it to Capt. and Mine. After that I went Stuka.

So, any ideas for me? Was pretty active in the mine department but that wasn't too successful. No wipes as far as I could tell.

I got a problem with Blobs in general. I always find it kind of hard to deal with those. Sappers Blob, Conscripts Blob, Volks Blob... you name it.

Thanks guys!
Any advice is more the welcome!
20 Apr 2016, 14:20 PM

vet 3 rifle blob are cancer...i just get a strumtiger
20 Apr 2016, 14:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Brits and soviets counter BAR blobs hard or just report after the game
20 Apr 2016, 14:29 PM

vet 3 rifle blob are cancer...i just get a strumtiger

Well that was quite unaffordable for me.

Btw: Talking 1vs1 here mainly (though they pose a thread to me in any game mode).
20 Apr 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 14:29 PMDiePest

Well that was quite unaffordable for me.

Btw: Talking 1vs1 here mainly (though they pose a thread to me in any game mode).

well if we are talking 1v1....
go mg34 if you can and position it properly just keep scouting for mg with volks and kubel..
builkd sangbags with volks and try to kubel push those rifles early game
midgame flakhalftrack or luchs if you know he isn't going stuart....or myabe ostwind from scavenge
if not then try to go for p4 then and delay him panzerfussies with g43 are good option in this case
just micro well in general ,mines, barb wire try to funnel them and strumpioneers mid range should be able to deal with rifles.
if blobs get ultra huge then goliath and sturmtiger like i said
20 Apr 2016, 14:49 PM

well if we are talking 1v1....
go mg34 if you can and position it properly just keep scouting for mg with volks and kubel..
builkd sangbags with volks and try to kubel push those rifles early game
midgame flakhalftrack or luchs if you know he isn't going stuart....or myabe ostwind from scavenge
if not then try to go for p4 then and delay him panzerfussies with g43 are good option in this case
just micro well in general ,mines, barb wire try to funnel them and strumpioneers mid range should be able to deal with rifles.
if blobs get ultra huge then goliath and sturmtiger like i said

So no way of dealing with that without Luftwaffe Doctrine?

I alsways feel uncomfortable going Flak Halftrack over Luchs. The suppression is great but it's hard to keep that thing alive against Capt.! At least for my skill level.

Anyway thanks for your tips! I really appreciate them. COH 2 can be a really frustrating piece of shi... sometimes. I feel like getting into situations where I can't find a way out every second or third game.
20 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 14:49 PMDiePest

So no way of dealing with that without Luftwaffe Doctrine?

I alsways feel uncomfortable going Flak Halftrack over Luchs. The suppression is great but it's hard to keep that thing alive against Capt.! At least for my skill level.

Anyway thanks for your tips! I really appreciate them. COH 2 can be a really frustrating piece of shi... sometimes. I feel like getting into situations where I can't find a way out every second or third game.

u can fortification also
but yeah bar rifles are op..the vet 3 received accuracy buff was not needed still relic did it and yet did not removed the other vet vet 3 bonuses of weapon accuracy and also buffed bar also..lelic
fun fact 2 vet 3 m1919 rifle (14 popcap standard infy) tear through 2 vet 3 obers upgraded with lmg or stg( 20 popcap dedicated anti infantry and come late game).whoever made theses changes at relic clearly had an huge allied bias
20 Apr 2016, 15:47 PM

You just have to cut his resources.Try winning early fights to gain vet and use elite-inf in green cover to weaken him.I would also go for a luchs or P4.

However the most important thing is to keep your units alife ! Take care of your retreat path and flanks.Last but not least wait for the late game to crush him with a KT.
20 Apr 2016, 15:58 PM

You just have to cut his resources.Try winning early fights to gain vet and use elite-inf in green cover to weaken him.I would also go for a luchs or P4.

However the most important thing is to keep your units alife ! Take care of your retreat path and flanks.Last but not least wait for the late game to crush him with a KT.

In fact he cut my resources! :D So going for Cutoffs instead of trying to hold ground?

I did relatively good in unit preservation but it didn't help me much. And due to the fact I constantly struggled to hold territory and control my fuel I had my Schwerer Panzer HQ up when his Pershing hit the field. So I guess I did something horribly wrong?

Any tips with build order or how to cut his resources? Harassing all over the place maybe?
20 Apr 2016, 16:10 PM

Wanna upload a replay ?

Exactly,with okw u can rely on your kubel to cap ur side while you are moving towards his ammo/cut off.

Try to only decap,that saves time.
The problem is,if he has your side and you try to force him off,he will already have a strong position with sandbags or mines.Cap other points that arent as heavily protected,then wait(get yourself some green cover) for him to come.

Dont randomly cap,cap smart,dont fully cap a point when you cant even get resources from it.If its near your base your should.

20 Apr 2016, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 15:58 PMDiePest

In fact he cut my resources! :D So going for Cutoffs instead of trying to hold ground?

I did relatively good in unit preservation but it didn't help me much. And due to the fact I constantly struggled to hold territory and control my fuel I had my Schwerer Panzer HQ up when his Pershing hit the field. So I guess I did something horribly wrong?

Any tips with build order or how to cut his resources? Harassing all over the place maybe?

I'm not a great player, so this may be totally off the mark, but it sounds like your Schewerer HQ was too late, possibly the Luchs too. Did you go straight for Mech HQ or Medical first? You need to fight tooth and nail for at least one of the fuel points, spam mines on it, MGs, do whatever to keep hold of it, otherwise you will have no late game with OKW.

The Luftwaffe doctrine is good, as others have pointed out. Try to spot his staging area (where he parks his ambulance), spawn a FJ squad next to it when he's not paying attention and destroy it if you can. That will hurt him a lot.

Also, never stop (de)capping if you can. Once you force a retreat, try to (de)cap as much as you can before he comes back. Have a kubel ready and harass any territory you can when his troops are elsewhere. This will tax both his resources and his micro.
20 Apr 2016, 17:25 PM

Wanna upload a replay ?

Exactly,with okw u can rely on your kubel to cap ur side while you are moving towards his ammo/cut off.

Try to only decap,that saves time.
The problem is,if he has your side and you try to force him off,he will already have a strong position with sandbags or mines.Cap other points that arent as heavily protected,then wait(get yourself some green cover) for him to come.

Dont randomly cap,cap smart,dont fully cap a point when you cant even get resources from it.If its near your base your should.

I'm not a great player, so this may be totally off the mark, but it sounds like your Schewerer HQ was too late, possibly the Luchs too. Did you go straight for Mech HQ or Medical first? You need to fight tooth and nail for at least one of the fuel points, spam mines on it, MGs, do whatever to keep hold of it, otherwise you will have no late game with OKW.

The Luftwaffe doctrine is good, as others have pointed out. Try to spot his staging area (where he parks his ambulance), spawn a FJ squad next to it when he's not paying attention and destroy it if you can. That will hurt him a lot.

Also, never stop (de)capping if you can. Once you force a retreat, try to (de)cap as much as you can before he comes back. Have a kubel ready and harass any territory you can when his troops are elsewhere. This will tax both his resources and his micro.

Thank you both a lot!
It's getting a lot more clearer to me where I screwed up. I tried to fight for one fuel point desperately while he just took it a few minutes after. So he was basically dictating the pacing of the game while I would have needed to force him to fight where I want him. Did I understand that correctly?

Yeah you're absolutely right CartoonVillan. I went Mech pretty late and my Panzer HQ was delayed a lot by Luchs (which I lost due to idiocy of mine ^^) and then Stuka zu Fuß (out of desperation).

Next time I'll save the replay. I really appreciate your help here guys. I love the game but I can't seem to get better. Currently I'm ranked 6 with OKW and 5 with Ostheer and I just can't get past that. Still in placement with Us forces due to lack of time.

21 Apr 2016, 13:34 PM

someone have patient enough to use powerfull mighty obers and use them in cover! yeah they right but that squad reinforce cost&time (i dont like it).
i usually use 3volks+kubel then medic and flak ht vs every usf then get 1 roketten beside it enough,then fussilier g43 good for advanced also isg(leig) can support u better;)
21 Apr 2016, 16:52 PM

Just a quick update for you guys as you have taken the time to help me with your tips.

Had pretty much the same setup day. Semoisky Winter against US blobber. Tried to do exactly as you guys adviced, build cover for Volks, lot of harassment against his points (a lot of decapping like you told me) and early Panzer II followed by Obers and Panzer 4.
I chose Luftwaffe since a lot of you recommended getting the MG and it was well worth it.

So again thanks to you all. Now I'm trying to find out how to punish blobbing with Ostheer. If some of you guys would watch my replay and give me advice there also, that would be really great.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★